Whether you are an experienced quilter looking to make contemporary patchwork-style quilts or are just beginning quilting, here’s an opportunity to pick up basic quilting tips and tricks from one of the top pros.
|Learn to quilt faster and better with Diane’s expert quilt tips.|
Diane Tomlinson, associate editor at Fons & Porter, will present a live web seminar, Quilters Need-to-Know: Quilt Better & Faster, May 29, 2014, at 1 p.m. ET.
In this live web seminar, you will learn facts, techniques, and time-saving tips to improve your skills and expand your knowledge to know how to make the best of your quilting time.
Learn more and register now!
You will learn:
- How to figure the finished size of the quilt you want to make.
- How to calculate yardage for your quilt.
- How to figure the diagonal measurements of standard blocks.
- How to figure and cut diagonal setting pieces for diagonal-set quilts.
- Ruler to decimal conversions
- The math of an eight-pointed star and how to size it.
- Quick cutting guidelines for patchwork pieces
- How to make bias binding from a square of fabric.
- Tips and techniques to refine your skills
Who should attend?
- Beginners and experienced quilters
- Quilt class teachers
- Shop owners
- Editors and designers writing patterns
Get all the details–including how a web seminar works, how to register and get all the benefits of the seminar even if you can’t attend the live event, and more, on our registration page.
More about Diane: In addition to meeting and working with the designers of the beautiful quilts featured in Fons & Porter magazines, she is a fourth-generation sewer and quilter, designer, and art enthusiast. For Diane, it’s all about the design, color, and making! She enjoys teaching and encouraging quilters to learn new skills and enabling them to design and create their own treasures to hand down to future generations.
Space is limited, so reserve your place now.