The deadline for our "Mother Earth'"Art Doll Reader Challenge is coming up. Don't be left out. Show us your art and help us celebrate Earth Day when we publish some of our favorites in the March/April Issue of Cloth Paper Scissors.
Here are the rules
1. Create one mixed-media art doll representing your interpretation of "Mother Earth. "Your art doll may be made out of any materials, but she can be no larger than 12″ tall and 8″ wide, with a depth no more than 2″.
2. Your entry must be free of any text or images that are protected by copyright, unless you have the expressed written permission from the person or institution that holds the copyright and you provide that written permission with your submission.
3. You may use any pattern you like—or none—provided the doll fits the dimensions listed above. If you want guidance, there is a pattern and directions for an art doll by Nola Hart in the November/December 2009 issue of Cloth Paper Scissors as well as another art doll interpretation by Melanie Testa. There are also directions for a basic art doll by Debbi Crane in the September/October 2009 issue.
4. To be considered for the challenge, send two low-res (each less than 1MB) images of your entry (one of the entire piece and one detail) via email by December 18th, 2009, to email@example.com, with the words “Mother Earth” in the subject line. Please include your name, physical address, email address, phone number, and a brief explanation of the piece.
Note: Please do not “zip” your files and be sure to send jpegs.
5. We will announce the finalists on my blog on quiltingdaily.com on Tuesday, December 22, 2009.
6. If accepted, your artwork must be in our offices no later than January 8, 2010, and at that time a flat shipping and handling fee of $15 (U.S. and Canada) and $25 (all other international) will be due.
Note: Our offices will be closed December 24, 2009 through January 3, 2010, so please plan to mail your entry to arrive before December 24 or after January 3.
7. The entire piece (or pieces) and all of its packaging must weigh less than 5 lbs. and fit into a standard shipping/mailing box (no larger than 12" x 4" x 14") or padded envelope.
*** If you have questions about the “Mother Earth ” Reader Challenge, contact me at 978-897-7750, ext. 207, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
I look forward to seeing some wonderful art. Have fun!