You asked and we delivered! Starting today you can download Quilting Arts In Stitches volume 7 for your PC and Mac desktop computers, as well as for your iPad. We've arranged a fun tour of the blogs of some of the participating artists, so follow along and discover some fabulous art. (See blog tour list below.)
There are so many fantastic techniques in this issue:
- Make a stitch sampler sketchbook with Ana Buzzalino as the perfect reference guide for your next project.
- Join Terry White in her studio for a play day and see the value of experimenting with materials and techniques.
- Check out Jill Rumoshosky Werner’s conceptual art quilts and be astounded.
- Read Lindsey Murray’s informative article about choosing the correct needle for every project.
- Samantha Pope explores texture without thread using a felting machine and a wide variety of fibers and fabrics.
- Kathy Loomis talks about her daily art project for this year and helps you get started on your own.
- Carol Watkins creates free-motion machine lace with threads, fibers and dissolvable stabilizers.
- Sarah Symes shares her remarkable abstract quilts and lists the 5 things every artist needs to know.
- Karen Linduska layers decorative machine stitches to create unexpected depth.
- And there’s much more, including the results from our Affirmative Quilt challenge and Alma Stoller’s advice for starting an art group plus her delightful embellished fabric beads.
Thursday 9/13: Kathy Loomis
Friday 9/14: Sarah Symes
Monday 9/17: Alma Stoller
Tuesday 9/18: Ana Buzzalino
Wednesday 9/19: Terry White
Thursday 9/20: Karen Linduska
Jane Davila, Editor. Quilting Arts In Stitches