Happy St. Patrick's Day! Celebrate with a FREE eBook! (and announcing the winner of a goody bag from Faith's Post)

17 Mar 2011

Happy St. Patrick’s Day!

As promised I am pulling the name of the winner of a goody bag from my last post with guest blogger Faith Cleary.  Congratulations to janicen7, you are the winner! Please email me at lmurray@interweave.com with your mailing information by next week to collect your prize.

St. Patrick’s Day has always been on of my favorite holidays. When I was younger I used to wake up on March 17th to find that leprechauns had visited over night and turned various food products, such as milk, green. (I must admit that it was a little much with the green milk).  Green carnations magically appeared, and my mom got to work making the BEST corn beef dinners imaginable. As I got older, I found that even MORE food items could be turned green – namely the green beer that my local bar serves in honor of the holiday.

As you can see, one of the big St. Patties day traditions in my family was to alter the color of things. In honor of this tradition, I thought I might mention one of our FREE eBooks: Fabric Painting: 5 Surface Design, Paint, and Monoprint Techniques from Quilting Arts. This eBook is full of different ways to alter fabric. Might I suggest that you celebrate the day by challenging yourself to use mostly/all green paints and dyes!

Here is the link to the eBook: http://www.quiltingdaily.com/media/p/13878/showcontent.aspx

And don’t forget to check out our other eBooks here: http://www.quiltingdaily.com/media/g/free/tags/free+ebooks/default.aspx

And just for fun, tell me what your favorite St. Patrick's Day memory/ tradition is and I will draw a winner next Monday for some Moda Fabric!

Comments

goonybird wrote
on 17 Mar 2011 10:49 AM

A Green(Scrambled) eggs and ham, with green milk! It's gross looking, but when you're a kid, it's cool!

on 17 Mar 2011 10:54 AM

Even though we are Irish we never have had any St. Patrick's day traditions in my house - other than pinching someone if they aren't wearing green!

Jeannie EVH wrote
on 17 Mar 2011 11:54 AM

Unfortunately, St. Paddy's day has sad memories for me. I had to have my beloved cat put to rest 16 years ago today. She was in her 20's and had lived a fantastic life. Now I plant pansies on her grave ever St. Patrick's day and remember her loyal companionship. That being said, I do have memories of imbibing of too my Irish Coffees and celebrating the wee bit of Irish in me.

jabotquilt wrote
on 17 Mar 2011 2:18 PM

I have 2 young boys and I go into their classes each year and build leprechaun traps with the kids...then they take them home and try and catch a leprechaun.

They leave food, notes and the leprechaun leaves notes, stickers, and sometimes a loony... and on occasion the mashed potatoes have turned green and choc chip cookies and ice cream have also turned green.

on 18 Mar 2011 8:49 PM

Oh I love St. Pat's Day because it is my Birthday!!!  Lots of great memories and lots of green in my world:)

Penelope14 wrote
on 20 Mar 2011 9:34 AM

My friends and I spending recess at school hunting for four leafed clovers. Lots of fun :)

whithb wrote
on 21 Mar 2011 3:21 AM

My memories of St. Patrick's Day are from my schooldays and making sure to wear green so you didn't get pinched. I'm still a new quilter and interested to learn all the different ways to quilt. I'm very interested in learning what I can do with fabrics and how to create my own to express myself expression.