Syndication

Widget

Recent Posts

Archives

Sewing Repub

How about this episode?

21 Jun 2009

I will show you mine, if...

well you know that deal.

This is my sewing studio. It is a 6.5 foot by 9 foot room, just off our bedroom. If we were normal people, this room would be a walk in closet for clothing. But we are not normal. We are practical and pragmatic- and we honor or needs not our belongings. At some point in the future, I will show you where I dye and surface design cloth, but until then. Will you join me in taking a video of your studio and talking about it?

I am sorry I spoke so quietly in this video. I will work on that.

Comments

on 21 Jun 2009 8:48 PM

Thanks for sharing!  It's great to have a dedicated space for your sewing and art.  I remember when we lived in an apartment and I had to share my sewing area with the family dining table.  I had to clean up everytime it was time to eat a meal.  Very annoying.  I've since graduated to the laundry room.  As a result of the laundry all over the place I have spread myself out into my family room.  It's a mess but I get the job done and when it's time to fix a meal I can leave everything in place!. ;)

If I can figure out how to do a video online I will show you my spaces too.

smidgen wrote
on 22 Jun 2009 11:22 AM

OMG... you are so clean and neat... how do you do that? My space is so messy because I have so many projects going on at the same time?! I also have recycled wool and fabric bits EVERYWHERE? I need to edit so bad it is not funny but it is hard to know where to start?

Pokey wrote
on 22 Jun 2009 11:52 AM

I like the glass of wine on the table. Nice touch, Melly Mells! And hey...where's my RAT!? ;-)

MellyT wrote
on 23 Jun 2009 5:22 AM

Lisa, I do work in the living room when I dye, though it is a dedicated space, I do need to do some clean up when I work. Sharon, I guess it is kinda neat. Next week, when I get this commission printed, it will get messy as I start to sew. Pokey... The rats are up, look harder. I just didn't discuss.

smidgen wrote
on 24 Jun 2009 7:41 AM

I have my studio video almost ready to post.... where do you want me to put it? In reader videos area or the videos of studios? I didn't know if the "videos of studios" were for the highbrow sort of professionals what I mean, is they are so organized! Me on the other hand... not so much?

smidgen wrote
on 24 Jun 2009 7:49 AM

I posted the video in the Studio area? I hope that I am o.k. for doing that?

jude20 wrote
on 25 Jun 2009 9:12 AM

you sound so mysterious.

cazms5 wrote
on 25 Jun 2009 1:16 PM

How fun is this!  I am so nosy...I love seeing other people's work spaces.  And...your view is great but so foreign to me.  You must be a big city girl.  Thanks for sharing!

Melissa

P.S.  I used to have a student that called me Melly Mel!