Syndication

Recent Posts

Archives

Sewing Repub

And then we were three.

3 Jul 2009

So here is my latest I2Q VidPrompt #3: ATC's

Use techniques found in the my book Inspired to Quilt to create Artist Trading Cards to trade with me and fellow readers at the International Quilt Festival in Long Beach.

I used the heart motif in 4 different ways to create these super quick Artist Trading Cards. I am going to take a buch of cards with me to the show and encourage you to do the same! I would like to meet up and trade if you want to, wanna say Saturday? I need to see when I am scheduled to do Open Studios and a Book signing, so I will nail down specifics. Will you leave a comment if you plan to meet up?

I am going to give these four cards, featured in the video as special prizes

This 'Lucky' card will go to the first male quilter who asks to trade a card with me. If there are no male quilters, then it will go to a Lucky duck at our meet up

This, 'Love Springs Up', ATC will go to the person who brings the most cards to trade

'Flight of Fancy' will go to the person who uses the most techniques in a single card

'Tattoo you' will go to the first person who creates a set of four ATC's using a single motif, as I did in this Video Prompt.

So are you gonna play? Leave a comment to say I will see you in Long Beach!

Today our family lost a well loved member:

Monk passed into the romping hills of cat love today. He was with us for 15 good, long years. He was and is well loved and we mourn his passing.

Filed under: ,

Comments

Jane LaFazio wrote
on 3 Jul 2009 11:31 AM

oh, sweet Monk. He will be missed and he knows he is immortalized in the artwork you've featured him.

xoxo

Jane

on 3 Jul 2009 10:09 PM

Such wonderful pictures of Monk.  He looks like he was such a sweetheart.  You have my deepest sympathy.

I wish I could join you with the ATC exchange in Long Beach.  I will be visiting my sister in SF during that time - so close and yet so far away!  Have a great time.  I can't wait to try out some ATC's.  I also owe someone a postcard so I need to make one of those too!  Thanks for the great inspiration.

My daughter and I made our own "leather" covered art journals today and I can't wait to fill mine up.  Pictures of our journals will be up on my blog on Monday.  We had a great time making them together.

MellyT wrote
on 5 Jul 2009 6:14 AM

Thanks guys! Your comments mean a lot to me.

on 8 Jul 2009 2:38 PM

Melly-Mels: Holding warm thoughts of you - just got back from out of town and up to here with work - so just read about Monk's passing.  Guardian angel-pet I'm sure of it.  ((HUGS)) Kate & the ArtDog-Person

colorific wrote
on 30 Jul 2009 9:06 PM

Just posted progress shots of my ATCs. I hope to get them stitched over the weekend. They are on Flickr here:

www.flickr.com/.../72157621776076765

on 23 Aug 2010 8:18 PM

HI! I am brand new to the site and I love your work!:) I was wondering what you painted on in the video prompt 3 to make the overlay for your atc's. It looked like a sheer fabric but I waan't sure because it also looked like it was used to fuse the cards together. Can you clarify?

Thanks