Send Us a Birthday Card!

4 Oct 2010

As many of you may now, our next issue marks the 10 year anniversary of Quilting Arts Magazine! And I don't know about all of you, but in my family, birthdays were always a very big deal. The birthday girl or boy would have their meal and cake of choice, their birthday wish list (within reason--apparently, a pet pig was never within reason for my parents), and my mother even had colorful crowns that we got to wear on our special day. You'd frequently here this excuse tossed around between arguing siblings: "Hey, you have to be nice to me--it's my birthday week!" And most of the time, we respected this declaration.

Since Quilting Arts is turning the big 1-0, we're going to revel in at least a couple months of celebration. And at the top of our birthday wish list is fabric postcards from all of you. If you're our friend on Facebook (and you should be!), you may have seen the announcement on our Facebook page last week. If not, now is your chance to get stitching! I even managed to whip up a Quilting Arts @10 postcard of my own this weekend, taking advantage of a long car ride to Vermont to do some colorful hand stitching. It took about an hour to finish up on the sewing machine last night and voila--quick, easy, and a wonderful way to celebrate this special occasion! My card is characteristically colorful and patchwork-y, but the best thing about working at Quilting Arts is getting to see the wide array of unique aesthetics amongst our readers and contributors--so I hope you'll all participate. We have fun plans for these cards....

Here are the guidelines--we can't wait to see what you come up with!

Create a fabric postcard with the #10 prominently featured/stitched and mail to Quilting Arts @10, PO BOX 685, Stow, MA, 01775. Deadline for receipt is 10/10/10!

Comments

Muppin wrote
on 6 Oct 2010 7:18 AM

Mine went in the mail today, Pippa!  It was a lot of fun to make.

on 7 Oct 2010 8:50 AM

Yikes, I just got the email about your celebration post cards today. Is the receive date really 10/10?

Nj in CT

Musicmaker wrote
on 7 Oct 2010 8:59 AM

so if I mail it on the 8th, is that early enough?  Just discovered your contest this m orning, and have planned a postcard, but am concerned that I'm wasting my time if it doesn't arrive by Saturday

on 7 Oct 2010 12:09 PM

Happy Birthday!!!

Just received the email you are turning 10.  Would have love to particapte in making you a postcard except the deadline is 10-10-10.  Not enough time on my end:(

wilsonian wrote
on 7 Oct 2010 12:25 PM

Too bad we didn't get more notice.... I'm not a Facebook reader.  I would have liked to participate.

Musicmaker wrote
on 7 Oct 2010 1:44 PM

went ahead and put mine in the mail - hope it gets to you in time

on 8 Oct 2010 9:13 AM

Would have loved to have participated.  Justsawthis e-mailnoticetoday-the 8th!  Even going on long car ride tonight to Cincinnatti.   Not enough time. :-(  Kathryn

on 9 Oct 2010 1:05 PM

Well, I made the card and forgot to bring it to the postoffice!  I'll send it on Monday, but I know that is a bit late.  If you want to see it, Pippa, go to my blog:  vdenegrequilts.blogspot.com... or wait until it arrives at the office!!!

candy49 wrote
on 24 Dec 2010 12:47 AM

I found out to late to meet the deadline, but I've sent you one anyway. Happy Birthday Cloth, Paper, Scissors!

on 21 Jan 2011 4:03 PM

I've actually made a variety of <a href="www.cardsforcauses.com/.../">assorted greeting cards</a> that I quilted.  Once you get in the rhythm of making them, it gets very easy!