News!

26 Jul 2006

Can_you_1 Fellow Artists,

If you sent in ATCs for the blog swap I'm starting to mail mine back next week. If you did not get a Grant of Rights form from me via email for the ATC book please email me directly--editorial@quiltingdaily.com and put "Grant fo Rights ATC" in the subject line. Please do not respond to this blog about the Grant of Rights, but rather email me. I'll check to see if your ATC is in the book and if so, send you a Grant of Rights via email a.s.a.p.

Secondly....drum roll... we're in the nascent stages for planning Make It University with Cloth Paper Scissors this fall at the International Quilt Festival/Houston November 2 - 5. I'm curious...if you could take any one-hour workshop you'd like on mixed media or collage, what would you take?  Hoping to plan for an exciting and fun time for all! I'll be posting info. on MIU on our website next month!

Lastly, is anybody planning to come to either the Pacific Northwest Quiltfest in Seattle or the Festival of Quilts in Birmingham, England ? If so, I hope to see you!

Filed under: ,

Comments

chris Horne Uk wrote
on 26 Jul 2006 5:03 PM
Hi Patricia & John I shall be at the Festival Of Quilts in B'ham as it is only two miles up the road from my home.Look forward to seeing you there. Cheers Chris
Ina wrote
on 27 Jul 2006 3:14 PM
Just a thumbs up from far away Germany, we have been selling your magazine from the beginning and just love it. It is still a thrill for us whenever a new issue arrives :) Keep up the great work!
Angie wrote
on 27 Jul 2006 11:00 PM
I thought I'd leave a comment about the "one hour workshop" questioned you posted. If it could only be one hour, I'd love to have a workshop showing me some of the latest products that I've read about in your magazine such as Lutradur, tyvek, Angelina fibers, etc... and get to actually SEE and touch samples made using these products and have someone explain how the product is used or it's different uses. Something along these lines would be very valuable. I always hesitate buying new products unless I can actually see things made with it and to find out first hand, how to use it. I don't do well with just written instructions because I'm so visual and tactile so a workshop like this would be so great. A quick and easy demo workshop on how to dye or paint fabrics would also be fun. Those are just a couple of thoughts.
Jody wrote
on 27 Jul 2006 11:39 PM
I won't be attending the Quilt festival in TX, but I did go to the spring Quilt show in Chicago. I was fortunate enough to participate in two of the Make It University, 1 hour classes. Both were great, the Paper/fabric ACTs and fabric postcards. Both were full of product demonstrations, Angelina, paints, glazes, fibers etcs. It was also great to have the ClothPaperScissors booth close by to purchase the COOL products after taking the class. Have to say my day at the Chicago Quilt show was the most fun I have every had at a "crafting" show/convention. I am not a quilter, I know how to sew, but most of my crafting time is spent stitching (counted thread on canvas, cross stitching etc.) or paper crafting. After attending the Chicago quilt show and reading ClothPaperScissor I have become interested in "crazy quilting", I gave it a try and did the "Domestic Challenge" for our county fair. The fair provided a 12 x 12 sq. of fabric, the fabric had to be incorporated into a 14" x 48" table runner. I made my first attempt at quilting/crazy quilting. It took me much longer than I thought it would, but the results weren't too bad. I didn't place in the fair competion but I tried something new. Thanks to Quilting Arts and ClothPaperScissors.
monica smith wrote
on 31 Jul 2006 3:43 PM
HIQF one hour workshop ideas You have had several articles by Beryl Taylor that would work well. I would especially like to see you make fabric paper as per issue 1 apge 21. Making backgrounds as per several articles. that should sell some back issues a book or two! I did like the other idea by Ina besides Lutrador,include Xandaprint, Villene and silk cocoons etc.
Vix Lowmiller wrote
on 7 Aug 2006 9:59 PM
HI Pokey! Just wanted to let you know that I received some wonderful ATC's from you today from your ATC Challenge! I can't wait for the book to come out. I know it is going to be fabulous! Thank you for offering the challenge - I look forward to more in the future. Vix
Patricia Bolton wrote
on 9 Aug 2006 7:30 AM
Chris--Looking forward to seeing you next week! Ina, I've always wanted to go to your beautiful country. Thanks so much for letting me know the magazine is doing well for your store. Angie and Monica, thanks so much for the insight into what you'd like to see for the workshops. We're going to try our best to have more experimental classes and your feedback is so helpful. Jody, your ATCs (I owe you fice) will be in the mail by the end of the week. I was so glad to hear you had fun in Chicago! Vix, glad you like the ATCs...I've been having so much fun with fabric collage lately...very therapuetic!