Call for Art--Two Special Exhibits

14 Feb 2007

I wish I could explain my absence by saying I've been tossing back pomegranate margaritas on a Fiji beach, but alas, that remains a fantasy.

Quick blog post to let all of you clever, creative people know that we're coordinating two additional special exhibits for Make It University!™ with Cloth Paper Scissors® this April in Chicago and we want your art! You heard it here first: These two special exhibit opportunities have not been mentioned in the magazines, so please check out what we're planning and spread the news.  If your artwork is chosen, it will be prominently displayed on the show floor at the International Quilt Festival/Spring where more than 23,000 people will stop to oooh and aaaaah. It's also very likely that we'll be publishing some of the featured artwork in the July/August issue of Cloth Paper Scissors®.

The preliminary list of events at Make It University!™ can be found on this page, which will be updated with photos and more classes over the next couple of weeks.

Are you planning to come to Chicago? Post here and let us know! Cloth Paper Scissors® will be doing something new this year by hosting a virtual studios section for mixed-media artists. Virginia Spiegel will be screen printing, dyeing, stamping, stenciling, and painting fabric, and will be joined by our latest two cover artists, Debbi Crane and Cheryl Prater. More artists will be added to the line-up in the virtual studios section so I sure hope you can join us!

Comments

Jane LaFazio wrote
on 16 Feb 2007 9:28 AM
Can't I just apply for a scholarship to Make It University and go there for the full 4 years?? I was able to do one class in houston last year, and it was SUCH fun! It looks like you've got lots of wonderful offerings this year. As for the challenge, I read about flower power paper quilt challenge yesterday and went right to work. It's done and I'm going to photograph it when my camera comes back from repair. Good to hear from you Pokey. Now go have that pomegranate margarita!
Laura wrote
on 17 Feb 2007 7:55 PM
I just got my tickets today for Chicago--My Mom and I are going to meet there and I can't wait!!! We went last year and Make it U was my favorite part. Can't wait to see what you have planned for this year. See you there! I'm excited for your challenge.
Karen Stiehl Osborn wrote
on 18 Feb 2007 10:16 AM
Sounds like a lot of fun!
Judy Ireland wrote
on 6 Mar 2007 12:03 PM
I will be in Chicago and am looking forward to meeting you. Can I assist in the booth? Will be there both Friday and Saturday. I love the magazines, both. Have been looking for "acrylic wax" per Ruth Isset's article in CPS but nobody has it or knows what it is!
Sandra Spagnuolo wrote
on 7 Mar 2007 5:57 PM
I just wanted to say thank you again. I just received the first issue of my free subscription to CPS (from your online challenge). I normally buy CPS at the local Chapters, so finding it in my mailbox today was a real treat!!
Linda Cain wrote
on 14 Mar 2007 3:50 PM
WHOO! WHOO! I just received an email that my accordion book was chosen for display!!! I cannot tell you how you made my day! I was planning on making the 3 hr trip to the show earlier, but now it is a must. I definitely want to go to the Make It University! Thanks SO much, LINDA CAIN
Chloe wrote
on 15 Mar 2007 1:31 AM
Ohhhhh - I wish I could come! That looks like such a blast :-)
Von Biggs wrote
on 24 Mar 2007 4:13 PM
Ill definately be there on Friday the 13th! Count me in
Amy McIntire wrote
on 29 Mar 2007 7:52 PM
I am coming to Chicago - Can't wait! I am soooo excited about my book being chosen for the 'Home Grown' display! I am so honored and blessed to be a part of it! I am planning on participating in the ATC exchange and I made my 5 ATC's today...I have been on a real creative kick.
Patricia Bolton wrote
on 29 Mar 2007 7:59 PM
Amy, that's terrific! Please make sure you introduce yourself to me in Chicago so I can put a face behind your book. ;)
Vesna Radivojevic wrote
on 30 Mar 2007 7:25 PM
I just saw you used my ATC to illustrate challenge invitation for Chicago! Thank you so much - you made my day.
Amy McIntire wrote
on 14 Apr 2007 9:31 AM
Hi Patricia and everyone at CPS, Due to something that came up unexpectedly last night, I will be unable to make it to Chicago today. I am really disapointed that I will not be able to make it for Make It U and all of the events that are planned. I still have my 5 ATC's and I know that I will not be able to be part of the "main trade". If by chance you have some "extra" ATC's after the show and would like to trade with me via mail, please let me know via my listed e-mail. I hope that you all have a very successful/fun time at the Quilt Show and I hope to get to meet you very soon.
createmo wrote
on 2 Nov 2008 2:11 AM
Thank you for your website :) I made on photoshop backgrounds for youtube, myspace and more my backgrounds:http://tinyurl.com/6exhae have a great day and thank you again!