<Blank>3

2 May 2007

I've been mum about something and it's just about killed me to have kept this secret for so long.

Qatv_2

Coming the end of December a brand new quilting show called "Quilting Arts TV" and hosted by yours truly will join the PBS programming line-up. During the next few months, we'll be planning the set design, the content (and we have some arty ideas), obtaining sponsorships, and scheduling quilt artists and designers for the first series taping in September.

When we have more details, I'll be sure to post them.

Cool, huh? I, for one, am pretty gosh darn excited.

Filed under:

Comments

Tracie Huskamp wrote
on 2 May 2007 5:59 PM
A HEARTY Congratulations. I KNOW the show is going to be a HUGE SUCCESS!!!!!!!
Auntie Jeanne wrote
on 2 May 2007 8:48 PM
My goodness, Pokey, et.al. What next an elaborate quilt designed spacecraft launched through the Universe?! Congratulations from the West Coasties!
jane wrote
on 2 May 2007 10:06 PM
Very exciting news! Can't wait to see what it will entail. love it. Jane Random Arts Saluda, Nc
Dale Anne wrote
on 2 May 2007 10:16 PM
WAHOOOO!!!! CONGRATULATIONS Pokey!!! I hope one of the PBS channels we get on the satellite dish will pick up your show!
Margaret Roberts wrote
on 3 May 2007 2:09 AM
You must be so excited. I love the magazine and just wish I lived in the USA so I could see this progrmam too.
Diane wrote
on 3 May 2007 3:05 AM
YAY and a HUGE congrats on the show, the big question is, will we be able to view it in Australia?..I really hope so. Have fun creating those sets, I can't wait to see them and all the wonderful Artists and their work you plan to feature....thats if it comes out our way of course (sigh).
Mary Heseltine wrote
on 3 May 2007 4:35 AM
Will this eventually be available on-line? For those far-away subscribers who don't have access to US TV programs? Congratulations to all concerned but please don't let this success dilute the magazine content in any way!!
Ann Nicol Smith wrote
on 3 May 2007 5:51 AM
I'm green with envy! I'm in the UK and heartily endorse Diane's comment. I was quite upset at not being able to do a recipe card swap with CP&S.
Elin wrote
on 3 May 2007 6:22 AM
Wicked.
Suzanne Walcott wrote
on 3 May 2007 6:46 AM
That's great about the show....will we ever get to see it in Australia on cable (within this decade?!) Hope.... hope....hope
heather buysse wrote
on 3 May 2007 8:38 AM
Wonderful!! I am in awe of your success. To think that you and your husband grew Quilting Arts from a tiny little seed of inspiration!! Wow! Congratulations! I am excited to see where you go next. Heather B
Lynda Thompson wrote
on 3 May 2007 8:50 AM
Congratulations! How great, fantastic, wonderful. I hope our station here will carry it. They seem to be dropping all the quilting shows locally.
Lynda Thompson wrote
on 3 May 2007 8:50 AM
Jamie Fingal wrote
on 3 May 2007 10:18 AM
I am so happy for you and everyone affiliated with the Quilting Arts family! It's just another way to reach out to the masses about what art quilts really are. Whoohoo. Way to go! Can't wait to see the show debut.
Corinne Stubson wrote
on 3 May 2007 11:36 AM
Fantastic! Congratulations Pokey! You and all the Quilting Arts and CPS team deserve all the VERY best!!! You folks rock! hugs to you.
Sandy Jandik wrote
on 3 May 2007 12:00 PM
That's wonderful. You'll do a great job. Sandy
Therese wrote
on 3 May 2007 3:24 PM
What wonderful news!! Congratulations! Do you know which PBS stations will carry the show? Will there be a way to view the show (online?) if our local PBS station does not carry your show?
Shelley Gaines wrote
on 3 May 2007 4:16 PM
I would also like to know if you can view online since not all the local PBS stations always carry these shows. HOW EXCITING! I can't wait.....when, when,when? Shelley
Patty VanHuis-Cox wrote
on 3 May 2007 4:47 PM
Congratulations! Very excited to have another place to go to help feed my artistic addictions!
Darcy Berg wrote
on 3 May 2007 7:20 PM
Very Cool! I can't wait!
Virginia M. Millington wrote
on 3 May 2007 11:06 PM
This is great news! I hope you will offer DVD's of the series, too, in case it is not available in every area.
Natalya wrote
on 4 May 2007 7:14 AM
Wonderful! Congratulations! I can't wait....
PB Blast wrote
on 7 May 2007 10:55 PM
I hope you get a good host for the PBS TV show. Alex Anderson is doing her own thing with Ricky Tims. It's very well done. You have some tough competition.
Karen T wrote
on 8 May 2007 12:16 PM
Ohhhhh, goody!
Sarah Ann Smith wrote
on 8 May 2007 12:53 PM
Way to go Pokey and Co.!!!!! Now, to convince Maine PBS to broadcast it!!!! Wish I could subscribe to PBS for viewing through video-streaming on my computer! Can't wait to see the shows, Congrats, Sarah
Jane LaFazio wrote
on 8 May 2007 1:14 PM
woo hoo! Too perfect for words!! Okay, when should I book my flight for my guest teaching appearance???? xoxo & BIG congratulations! Jane
Jane Davila wrote
on 8 May 2007 1:16 PM
Awesome! The show is going to be perfectly wonderful - like everything else you guys do.
Phyllis Barnett wrote
on 8 May 2007 1:37 PM
Congratulations and THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU. This is VERY exciting news. You can be sure I'll pass the word along to all my quilting and non-quilting and future quilter friends. Phyllis in Sonoma
Carol Taylor (Wales UK) wrote
on 8 May 2007 1:39 PM
Well done you! Fantastic news - any ideas how your foreign following can get to see it????? Love carol T
Susan Ward wrote
on 8 May 2007 1:43 PM
This is so exciting ! I lov everything in your In Cloth & Paper and Quilting ARTS:) Magazines Congratulations on the new show - you have a wonderful team spirit. Quilting Artists are blessed to have you as a mentor and teacher! As I am recovering from *** cancer I have studied the history of "The Secret" An important personal goal is to create an ART Quilt worthy of being in Quilting Arts Magazine. Thank you so much for the inspiration - good luck with the new project! Hugs, Susan
Barbara (Holland - EU) wrote
on 8 May 2007 1:45 PM
Fantastic news. Any way we in Europe will be able to see the show?
Von Biggs wrote
on 8 May 2007 2:43 PM
Oh Pokey.. You just made my year! LOL Congrats and cant wait to see what creative things we are going to see from this. Von
Merna wrote
on 8 May 2007 5:06 PM
Can't wait for the show; I've loved the magazine and know this will fill a real void in the PBS scheduling.
Marilyn Altenbach wrote
on 8 May 2007 5:23 PM
While your magazine is THE BEST AROUND there's nothing like seeing it in person to really get a feel for what is happening! This is so wonderful! Must we wait until December!
Marilyn Altenbach wrote
on 8 May 2007 5:23 PM
Caitlin O'Connor wrote
on 8 May 2007 7:29 PM
Pokey, that's WONDERFUL news!! I do hope you will also make the series available on DVD for those of us in the antipodes?
Christine Goonrey wrote
on 8 May 2007 8:59 PM
How wonderful and how frustrating. I can imagine all this wonderful stuff going out on the airwaves as far as Mars, even Jupiter but not getting out to Australia! Any chance of this coming out on DVD for those of us in the Antipodes who won't get to watch it on TV?
Caroline wrote
on 8 May 2007 9:16 PM
I sure hope that we get it in Canada or I may have to move!
ann breakwell wrote
on 9 May 2007 4:40 AM
Is "down under" too far to send it? Could we subscribe online?? Pleeeeeeeeease!!!
DeBorah Beatty wrote
on 10 May 2007 2:05 PM
I sure hope we get it on our PBS feeds. Will you also be simulcasting on the website?
Cathy Johnson wrote
on 11 May 2007 7:12 PM
That is the best news I have heard in quite a while art wise! Congratulations! I have the feeling this could be the start of something great for all of us. I can't wait!
Mary Emma Allen wrote
on 16 May 2007 1:24 PM
Hello Pokey, I'm so thrilled about your expansion into the TV arena that I mentioned it on my b5media blog. I'll be looking forward to updates. My daughter and I subscribe to your magazines and find them so very informative and inspirational.
Beth Larsen wrote
on 17 May 2007 1:29 PM
This is just the greatest thing!!! I'm excited, and I can only imagine how excited you all are!!! Way to go!!!!
Cay Denise wrote
on 19 May 2007 11:05 AM
Congratulations...great news!
gaye demircioglu wrote
on 31 May 2007 1:46 AM
I am very excited to hear about it.The exact thing i have been looked for, is a quilting tv .I am sure it will be perfect. Congergulations for your decision.You will fill this lack with professioncy. so,now I am asking you how can i watch this because I am living in Turkey.
Merna wrote
on 13 Jun 2007 6:08 PM
Can't wait until December - I'm hoping you will include some of the creative clothing ideas like you have had in the magazine in past years??
mary whitton wrote
on 14 Jun 2007 11:44 AM
The new Quilting Arts TV program sound WONDERFUL!...I've really missed new Inspiring Quilting since Alex Anderson's Simply Quilts was taken off HGTV. Sometimes I record programs of interest and since we now have a new ASG Group in my area, we plan to teach some of these ides. THANK You...I'm really looking forward to the show!
mary whitton wrote
on 14 Jun 2007 11:44 AM
Jay in Texas wrote
on 21 Jun 2007 8:00 PM
How great!!! I have just discovered fiber arts...at my ripe old age and am very excited about getting into all phases of the art!!! Looking forward to your show!!!
Linda wrote
on 5 Sep 2007 5:03 PM
I can't wait. I love the magazine and know I will love the show.
Anne Chaffee wrote
on 16 Sep 2007 9:08 AM
Congratulations, and THANK YOU!! Many of my favorite art quilters are going to be there! When will the shows start to be televised!?!
Billie wrote
on 19 Sep 2007 12:19 PM
Can't wait--have been hoping for this to become a reality not just something I dream about. Congrats!!!
Carolyn Ingram wrote
on 15 Oct 2007 8:32 PM
You magazine is like food for my spirit. I'm already salivating at the prospect of seeing such creativity played out on my tv screen. Thrilling news!
Norma Cotton wrote
on 9 Jul 2008 12:46 PM
how do I find out which pbs stations carry this program--we live in Norther Central Michigan.