Quilting Arts TV

31 Dec 2007

For me ringing in the New Year often means a cozy night curled on the couch, TV clicker in hand, watching a frost-bitten *** Clark countdown to midnight. However, this New Year’s is a little more thrilling… because that stroke of midnight means Quilting Arts TV will soon be making its debut around the country. Check your local PBS programming for listings, and if you don’t see it scheduled in your area, ring up your local PBS station and ask ‘em why not. (Check the new Quilting Arts TV website for more information.)

For a teaser, see the Quilting Arts TV show open (below). You may recognize some of the images of quilts—one key image is Jane Johnston’s last quilt before she passed away that she gave to the doctors and nurses that cared for her at NIH, as well as art quilts from the 2007 Quilting Arts Calendar. (Credits for these artists are given for Series 100.)

In just three weeks we’re taping our second series of Quilting Arts TV, and we have an exciting line-up of guests including Jane Davila, Judy Perez, Heidi Lund, Katie Pasquini Masopust, Wen Redmond, Ruth Rae, and drum roll…Laura and Linda Kemshall from England.

You may have noticed that the décor has changed a bit in these parts. Much more to come in the 2008 New Year. Until then, I hope you’re able to steal one last beautiful and creative day for yourself in 2007!

Filed under:

Comments

Zoe wrote
on 31 Dec 2007 8:16 AM
I was quite sad that I would miss the new Quilting Arts TV as I live in the United Kingdom... But then looking at the new TV web site spotted that all the episodes are going to be available in DVD .... YES ... =)
sharon young wrote
on 31 Dec 2007 12:01 PM
I was just about to ask the same question as you Zoe, as I'm in the Uk too. It looks like a very exciting line-up, I saw some of Laura and Linda Kemshall's work at the Festival of Quilts last year and was blown away!
Donna Funnell wrote
on 31 Dec 2007 8:13 PM
Oh my GOSH! I saw a little part of my quilt in the opening for Quilting Arts T.V. I am blown away! Thank you so much, Pokey! My quilt "Maternal Love" is from 2007 calendar. I am so glad that you are making dvds available to fibre artists who may not be able to see it on T.V. I will be ordering one soon!
Lyn Grenier wrote
on 2 Jan 2008 12:35 PM
Looking for the new show and schedule on Boston PBS and not seeing it? Will it be showing locally?
Ann wrote
on 8 Jan 2008 3:08 PM
Unfortuntaely the PBS babysitting stiffs in eastern pa know nothing about this series. Even when they have been given the upload times for free pbs programs they do diddly squat. Wishing you loads of success - Ann
LaVerne Ziegenfuss wrote
on 22 Jan 2008 7:04 PM
Frustrated in Philadelphia - can't believe we don't have the show yet!
Dianne Gerard wrote
on 24 Jan 2008 12:57 PM
I can't find any sign of Quilting Arts TV in the Cleveland area either! I was really looking forward to it too. QA Mag hasn't responded to my second email about it. What's up???
Charlie Davidson wrote
on 14 Mar 2008 10:10 AM
I watched #103 in Utah on Thursday 13 March 08. It was very interesting and educational. The only thing wrong for me was that it moved toooooo fast from one demo to another. Am looking forward to seeing it again next week. What was the number of the first showing?
Ilene Atkins wrote
on 20 Mar 2008 4:49 PM
Fabulous show, I've been watching on Buffalo PBS. I just gobble it all up each week. I was expecting more art quilt showcasing and less instructional, though. I suppose people always ask, "How'd you do that?" This show sure addresses that question, in a marathon way. I love it anyway.
The Great MacAttack wrote
on 15 Aug 2008 10:35 AM
Interesting stuff! Really! You should all check out some documentaries in factualTVs art & artists section that could be of interest to y'all. just go to www.factualtv.com and click on art & artists on your left hand side. it's really is to us and registrer. and it's free!