Houston. And so it begins...

27 Oct 2008

Blog woes:
I apologize for not posting over the weekend. If anyone has a Typepad account, you may know they're having lots of technical problems this month as they switch to a new server. I'm praying to the blog gods that they get this fixed soon so I can post from the show floor this week. In the meantime, some pictures of set-up day and day 1. Do you recognize the guy in the last shot? I have some news about him I can share a bit later!

Before

After

Fabric 2.0

Jane and Elinor

Melissa's hand

Pokey signing

Jay

Comments

Sharon Neth wrote
on 27 Oct 2008 8:53 AM
Well... I guess I missed out? I am sorry about that but you know there is next year! I hope that everyone has a great time! It looks like so much fun! I love the colorful displays and clothes!!! If you can tell Jay that he is FAB and that I love to see him designing all the wonderful fabrics! Rock ON, JAY!
Juanita Olson wrote
on 27 Oct 2008 9:48 AM
Oh my gosh! Isn't that the winner of Project Runway in 2005? Does he have a new line of clothing?
Melly wrote
on 27 Oct 2008 10:02 AM
It looks so colorful, and crazy and fun.
Cheryl wrote
on 27 Oct 2008 11:40 AM
Jay McCarroll!?? You are so lucky!!
Linda Edkins Wyatt wrote
on 27 Oct 2008 2:54 PM
Wish I were there! (maybe next year...) I just saw the display on the QA website of the "go green" pieces...every one is excellent. hmmmm...looks like you need to do a "green" book of them (or are you already working on it secretly? :-))
Nancy in FL wrote
on 27 Oct 2008 7:41 PM
Oh, yay... it's Jay from Project Runway! What a great looking booth, and what fun that he's at Houston. Your booth... from chaos to creative. Very nice. Enjoy your trip.
Joyce wrote
on 28 Oct 2008 7:49 AM
Yahoo!! Thanks for sharing pictures with us! Wish I was there. ;)
Jane LaFazio wrote
on 28 Oct 2008 9:23 AM
Hi Pokey, Fun in Houston, but a lot of work too, huh? Mellie's going to be there too. I look forward to more pics and tales of your adventures!
Laurel wrote
on 28 Oct 2008 11:04 AM
OMG. I love Project Runway. I hope Jay is there for Festival. I can't wait till tomorrow night! My mind is definitely not on work, just 10 or so blocks from the George R Brown Convention Center in a big office building!
Meg Rogers wrote
on 28 Oct 2008 11:09 AM
OMG - Jay!!!!! Designing fabric - how fantastic! I am so jealous of everyone able to go.
Kelli Perkins wrote
on 28 Oct 2008 7:49 PM
Just got the latest ish of CPS--you've outdone yourself again! It's miraculous. Thanks for the oodles of inspiration and introduction to a host of delightful artists! Those snowpeople gracing the cover are too sweet for words.
Deborah Boschert wrote
on 29 Oct 2008 12:04 AM
Yowza! Jay McC! Fabulous. Can't wait to see you this weekend.
Pokey wrote
on 29 Oct 2008 7:58 AM
Sharon, if you want to send me some ATCs in an SASE c/o Quilting Arts, Box 685, Stow, MA, 01775, I'll send some from the show to you. (We always come back with a bag of them for the next venue.) Not a problem!
leilani bennett wrote
on 29 Oct 2008 11:07 PM
Who is Jay designing fabrics for?
Angel Dibbs wrote
on 30 Oct 2008 12:10 PM
I've never been to the Houston event, but I'll definitely try to go next year after seeing all the yummy stuff in your photos! Can we see Jay's fabric collection on any websites? Have a great time Pokey!
Angel Dibbs wrote
on 30 Oct 2008 12:11 PM
Angel wrote
on 3 Nov 2008 1:09 PM
Did you see any uber-fabulous new products on the show floor? Just curious. Those of us who couldn't go have to live vicariously through those who attended!
Angel wrote