Houston Day 2 - 3

29 Oct 2008

The fun continues...

Caroline Devoy & Co. who have some scrumptious fabrics out with Michael Miller...
Caroline and company See what I mean?
Yum
I want to thank all of the companies in our industry for making yummy products that will attract the next generation of quilters and sewing enthusiasts. This Kangaroo sewing table brought out the kid in me!
Kagaroo sewing table

And Babylock came out with an affordable line of sewing machines that are both fun and attractive. Each sewing machine has a name/ distinctive personality. (I think we're looking a Sofia.) It's like "Sex in the City" meets sewing--smart marketing!
Babylock  GirlzFlyng pigArtgirlz Lines

Kristal
 Pokey book signing

Comments

Anita Heady wrote
on 29 Oct 2008 10:48 AM
Pokey, great photos! Couldn't go to Houston this year but have been many times before. Please check out the quilt of my son in Afghanistan (photo quilt) in the Quilts of Valor Foundation booth. QA subscriber, Anita Heady anitaheadyfiberarts.blotspot.com
Lisa wrote
on 29 Oct 2008 11:00 AM
Thank you for updating us on a regular basis about Quilt Market. For those of us who have to watch from a far, it is a lot of fun to see all your pictures and I can't wait to hear more about it.
maggi wrote
on 29 Oct 2008 12:33 PM
Thanks so much for sharing the pictures. Almost as good as being there - only joking, it is an ambition to get to Houston one year.
Jenn Mason wrote
on 29 Oct 2008 1:42 PM
Pokey, this looks like inspiration heaven! I must make the time to go sometime soon! Have a safe trip! j
jcaroline wrote
on 29 Oct 2008 11:38 PM
Great meeting you! Look forward to future exchanges of brilliance! Sincerely, Caroline (& Co.)
Nathalie wrote
on 30 Oct 2008 11:13 AM
Boy would I love to have a sewing desk/table like that!!!! Mine shakes each time I free motion stitch, or simply go fast!!!!!
Noel wrote
on 30 Oct 2008 2:00 PM
Looks like so much fun....all the pics are great...thanks for sharing! Noel in CA
Joyce wrote
on 31 Oct 2008 10:04 AM
Thanks for posting pictures for us!! :) I would have been in that line to have my book autographed!!
waterrose wrote
on 2 Nov 2008 5:48 PM
I don't know how you take it all in! That sewing machine table is just too much! The color would bring out the creative spirit. I can't wait to see a closer shot of the sisters quilt.
Shelley MacGregor wrote
on 11 Nov 2008 7:07 PM
hey! That's me in the blue shirt, first in line for Pokey's first booksigning. Still trying to get my sleep pattern back... Great to meet you, Pokey!
Dodi wrote
on 13 Nov 2008 10:54 PM
Thanks for sharing with those of us who couldn't be there. Is that sewing table a product we can purchase? I had no luck looking for it with google.