Humor in Hard Times

21 Nov 2008

Since the economy is on all of our minds lately, I interrupt our regularly scheduled art quilt blogcast to share some humor with you:

• The fact that I woke up this morning and it was 18 degrees outside.

18 degrees…in November!

•  The mail that came in today:

Jp

•  And lastly, this little video I made to kick off the holiday season. (No one can ever accuse our staff or myself of taking ourselves too seriously.)  Hope you enjoy it!

I will be back on Monday to share some exciting publishing plans, opportunities, and updates for next year!

Have a great weekend,

Pokey

Filed under:

Comments

Jill wrote
on 21 Nov 2008 4:18 PM
Oh, I love it!! The video is wonderful (I don't suppose you're hiring are you?? I think I'd love to work with all of you!) And the mail - what a hoot! Thanks for your blog. It's always a treat to read.
Von Biggs wrote
on 21 Nov 2008 6:02 PM
Oh PORKY, that was just too funny. Y'all need to relocate to Indianapolis so we can join in on the fun!
natalya wrote
on 21 Nov 2008 8:44 PM
you guys are just too funny! someday I'd like to be a fly on the wall of your office....
dove wrote
on 22 Nov 2008 3:54 AM
oh love the butt wiggles/jiggles and the pink cart. Of course who could resist a dance with a dog! great fun, loved watching.
Fulvia wrote
on 22 Nov 2008 7:52 AM
Hiya Porkey! It is 18 degrees this morning in SOUTH CAROLINA! Who knew when I moved here there would be no difference?!?!
Susan Silver Dill wrote
on 22 Nov 2008 10:12 AM
It's 44 degrees here in Houston... pretty cold for us! Your "Porky" is as funny as the magazine subscription that came for "Susan Dull" for me! (It wasn't CPS!) I had to call and tell them to please change it, because I'm not dull!
Elin wrote
on 22 Nov 2008 11:26 AM
Oh snap! That mail just called you fat!
leilani pierson wrote
on 22 Nov 2008 12:14 PM
you are hilarious, porkey - i mean pokey!! !! LOVE the video too!! what a team you guys are!! loveyouall!! xo~Leilani
Robin Parton wrote
on 22 Nov 2008 1:34 PM
Pokey, Loved the video, helping to get us all in the Christmas spirit. I live in the "sunny south" and our temp at my house this AM was 14, so we are colder here!
Diane Dainis wrote
on 22 Nov 2008 3:44 PM
Do love that video and as the other lady said, would love to work with you guys.Fun Bunch!! Keep up the awesome work.Love all the magazines. Diane Dainis Mansfield, MA
Sharon Eisen wrote
on 22 Nov 2008 4:31 PM
When Santa's away, the elves will play! However did you get the moves to sync with the music! That high five was right on the beat! Best regards to Rudolf.
Dawn wrote
on 22 Nov 2008 4:40 PM
Obviously they haven't SEEN you, Pokey! No one could every call you Porky in person! Thanks for the video. Y'all just have way too much fun! I would LOVE to work there with you too. Its cool here in the Dallas area.....for us! Its in the 50's.
Trish wrote
on 22 Nov 2008 7:32 PM
Love the video......... thanks for the blog, always a great read Trish Western Australia
l wrote
on 22 Nov 2008 7:57 PM
You think your day was bad... we have lake effect blizzard.... easily 12 inches out my window... and all I got of the video was that toe-tapping tune and a black screen. It's been like that for some time.
Pokey wrote
on 23 Nov 2008 6:38 PM
Dear I, Sorry to hear about the 12 inches! Not quite sure why you're just seeing a black screen and not the video. It seems to be working as I tried it on a couple of different computers. Maybe try going to youtube.com and in the search field, enter Quilting Arts holidays. The video will come up as an option, and if you click the image, it should begin to play.
lisali wrote
on 23 Nov 2008 11:55 PM
Porky! I love the video, you guys are really having a ball! I join Jill in asking... Please, please let me come and work for you! Grinning! Li
Frédérique wrote
on 24 Nov 2008 2:13 AM
Too funny Porkey!!! Oh please, come in France!!!
l wrote
on 24 Nov 2008 2:09 PM
Pokey, Thanks for your reply. Today is a bright new day and the video portion came through with the audio... YEAH! Now I can see the fun!! You are too much... Happy Holidays and thanks for making us laugh... :-)
Nancy McElroy wrote
on 25 Nov 2008 10:03 AM
I think I have just witnessed some serious contenders for the next episode of "So You Think You Can Dance?". The lab is sure to take the championship. In the meantime, don't give up your day jobs, I mean, keep on with the sterling work of publishing Q.A. Nancy
Pokey wrote
on 25 Nov 2008 11:35 AM
Nancy, Duly noted: keep the day job. Your comment cracked us up. Thanks for the laugh!
Nia Tilley wrote
on 2 Dec 2008 11:42 PM
Thank you for the great video and informative blog. What a wonderful, fun way to let QA readers to your world. I live in rural Australia and enjoy this link with other like minded people. Thanks for a wonderful magazine- I wait eagerly for it to arrive in my mailbox. All the best for the holiday season.
Lorri Chambers wrote
on 5 Dec 2008 8:15 AM
If I could meet and spend a day with anyone artistically crafty besides Pokey... it would be Elinor Peace Bailey....her work subconciously told me its ok to think outside the box....I love her use of color and whimsy...and because of her I spent 15 years as a collectible teddy bear artist creating my own patterns and creatures including merbears. I would love to know what made her who she is. Remember "not all of us can be Cinderella but some of us can be Fairy Godmothers" llc 1999
Laura wrote
on 10 Dec 2008 9:16 PM
You are a stitch! I love seeing your thought process in creating your version of "Rock On". I have 2 min pins (1 looks just like Louie) and I can't wait to make them coats!!!