Something to Ponder this Holiday Season: Do Quilting and Collage Editors Know How to Party?

19 Dec 2008

Why yes, we do!

Girls
Some of the women of Quilting Arts and Cloth Paper Scissors. Left to right:Geri Stevens, Sally Murray, Helen Gregory, Barbara Staszak, Pokey Bolton, Barbara Delaney, Cate Prato.

If anyone was near the town of Stow, Massachusetts, and heard a rowdy party happening by the woods,  that would have been some of your Quilting Arts and Cloth Paper Scissors crew kicking back and enjoying some holiday cheer in my in-laws' barn.
Barn
Barninside
  Luckily, we weren't riotous enough to inspire a write-up in today's police blotter, but we certainly had fun as we reflected on the year we've had.
 Men
Left to right: *** Bolton, John Bolton, Ralph Stevens, Dom Pugliese, Nick Prato.

We ate delicious eggplant parmesan,  drank great wine,  listened to a rockin' holiday music mix, but most importantly, we spent much of the evening reflecting on how lucky we are––thanks to all of you.
Barbhelen

Twobarbscate

The polar bears outside the barn window reminded us that, baby, it's cold outside...

Polar bears
But inside the laughter kept us toasty.

My favorite picture:
The2barbs

I of course used some of quilting skills for my e-invitation:
Ho Tony

"It's Time for a Sit Down," says Tony Soprano...Thursday's Christmas Party

It's that time of year to toss a few back and celebrate our greatness in the barn!
Where: You Know Where...
When: Thursday at 6:30
What to Bring: Your smiling self and a guest
What you'll be listening to: The fine Christmas tunes from The Underground Garage (Get ready to shake your booty!)
What you'll be eating: The savory repast from well... The Savoury Lane
What you'll be imbibing: Non-alcoholic and alcoholic beverages for all to enjoy
What to Wear: Something comfy with elastic so you can enjoy that devilish chocolate cake!

All of us at Quilting Arts and Cloth Paper Scissors wish you the happiest of holidays, and we thank you so much for such a wonderful year! Cheers to you...

Comments

Cheryl wrote
on 19 Dec 2008 3:10 PM
Oh WOW! I love what you did with your screen of Tony Soprano! Have a great holiday!
Nora L. wrote
on 19 Dec 2008 4:00 PM
What a great time you had. Wish I could have been there. We want to say a happy holidays to YOU!
Heather wrote
on 19 Dec 2008 4:39 PM
How funny! Happy holidays to you, too!
Sharon Neth wrote
on 19 Dec 2008 5:09 PM
I wish you and all of the Quilting Arts and Cloth Paper Scissors crew have a Happy Holidays! If any of you live in the Gardner or Rindge area I hope that you all have electric and heat during this cold snow storm!
Miles Johnson wrote
on 20 Dec 2008 2:37 AM
Just discovered this blog (and others) by way of who knows where. I would like to know more about free-lance writing for Quilting Arts. Any tips you could share?
Pokey wrote
on 20 Dec 2008 9:50 AM
Hi Miles, Nice to meet you! We're always looking for technique-oriented submissions related to art quilting. We also are actively seeking art for our Quilting Arts GIFTS issue, which features quilted projects for the winter and holidays. More info (and the email for submissions) can be found on this page:http://quiltingdaily.com/qallc/submissions.html Happy holidays!
jeannette wrote
on 22 Dec 2008 8:19 AM
Morning Pokey! Until 7yrs ago I lived next door in Acton! Now I know what all the noise was around this time of year!lol Any post that brings me back home is always a joy!! Thanks - Happy Holidays to you and hope you thaw out but still keep your White Christmas! Sincerely, Jeannette
Patti Pasteur wrote
on 22 Dec 2008 7:28 PM
What a charming place to have a party! I love the invitations! We are digging our way out of 2 1/2 feet of snow in New Hampshire. Happy Holidays and Happy New Year to everybody at Quilting Arts and Cloth, Paper, Scissors!!!! :-)
Fannie wrote
on 24 Dec 2008 7:04 PM
Merry Christmas, Pokey, and everyone at Quilting Arts and Cloth, Paper, Scissors! Thanks for another year of wonderful articles. I look forward to future magazines in 2009. Continued success. ~Fannie
Shelly R. Sessions wrote
on 30 Dec 2008 11:49 PM
You are so clever with your screenprinted pieces !! Fabulous e-invite. Who could turn down Tony Soprano ? Thank you so much, Pokey, for two wonderful publications that always inspire and thrill. And thank you, too, for sharing your art and passion - very inspiring to us that are new to fabric arts. All the best in the New Year. Regards, Shelly