Are quilters also closet Bubba fans?

28 Jan 2009

If you have received your February/March edition of Quilting Arts Magazine, you might have caught my interview with Jay McCarroll, Season #1 winner of "Project Runway."
6a00d83452926869e2010535c186b1970c-800wi

Well, I received the following email from Amazon this morning:

Dear Amazon.com Customer,

We've noticed that customers who have purchased or rated Project Runway - The Complete First Season have also purchased Bubba the Love Sponge Presents: Bubba Raw, Vol. 2 on DVD. For this reason, you might like to know that Bubba the Love Sponge Presents: Bubba Raw, Vol. 2 is now available.  You can order yours for just $17.99 by following the link below.

Huh. I wonder how many of you quilters are also Bubba the Love Sponge fans! Care to weigh in?

On a side note, you are hearing it here first: Jay McCarroll will be making a couple of guest appearances on Quilting Arts TV for Series 400! I'm thrilled.

Comments

Marilyn League wrote
on 28 Jan 2009 5:09 PM
Who the heck is Bubba the Love Sponge?????????
Laura K wrote
on 28 Jan 2009 5:38 PM
I'm anxious to read your interview with Jay!
Lisa wrote
on 28 Jan 2009 6:53 PM
What? Who is Bubba the Love Sponge? It sounds like a something x rated. Yikes.
Tina in Boston wrote
on 28 Jan 2009 9:03 PM
I'm not ashamed to say I don't know who/what Bubba is! I didn't buy PR #1 on Amazon because it was so much more expensive. I bought only 2 - 4. I met Jay at Quilt Market, too! http://bostonsewer.blogspot.com/2008/10/worlds-are-colliding.html
jessicasews wrote
on 28 Jan 2009 9:24 PM
Yay Jay!!! Can't wait for that episode! ~Jes
Closet wrote
on 28 Jan 2009 11:27 PM
Hi, May I know about Bubba the Love Sponge? Thanks for sharing Nancy.
Dot in North Carolina wrote
on 29 Jan 2009 8:35 AM
Have no idea who Bubba is, and doubt that I want to find out. So happy that you are including Jay as he has all his design roots established in quilting and brings a very new perspective to the fabric world. I have purchased some of his new fabric and look forward to having fun with it. Sending sun from NC to the icy landscape in my old home states (born and raised in Mass; retired from NH)
Pokey wrote
on 30 Jan 2009 6:40 AM
For all curious, Bubba is a radio DJ whose most recent gig is a show on Sirius radio. I've never listened, but I would imagine the content is adult!
Carol Sloan wrote
on 30 Jan 2009 8:18 AM
that is too funny! Bubba...it must be southern,huh? Don't know him but do know that I loved the article about Jay. Good job from both of you!
Melicia Evans wrote
on 30 Jan 2009 8:58 AM
I thought he may have been Spongebob's cousin or long lost brother. =)
Sharon Neth wrote
on 31 Jan 2009 10:37 AM
I LOVE JAY! I hope that the program will someday show on PBS in Massachusetts?! Is the clip going to be on YouTube? I hope it will?!
Cathy Bullingotn wrote
on 2 Feb 2009 11:32 AM
Jay is the best they have had on Project Runway! He was never fake and called it like he saw it. I can hardly wait to see what kind of minxy fun he comes up with.
Alexis wrote
on 4 Feb 2009 8:37 AM
Lol. I'm not a quilter (though I want to learn!!) but I'm a crafter and I love Bubba!! I guess he IS a southern thing - he's out of Florida still I believe. It is more "adult content" but he's Funny. ...I think so anyways. LOL.
Gena Holdaway wrote
on 4 Feb 2009 5:38 PM
I am from the south and i love Bubba!! I get his humur.
Sara Mika (Mock Pie Studio) wrote
on 4 Feb 2009 6:10 PM
OMG, I thought I was the only BTLS fan! Actually, now that I think about it, I once saw a guy wearing a t-shirt emblazoned with Bubba's catch phrase, "I'm a big, fat, greasy b**ch!" So yeah, it's only for the big kids. But he is SOOOO funny! Totally insane, but funny!