Upcoming QA TV Series 400 Taping

7 Feb 2009

We tape Quilting Arts TV Series 400 in just a couple of weeks, and I thought it might be fun to tell you who some of the guests will be this next season. (And this isn't the full list, just some I can remember off the top of my head!)

Frieda Anderson
Luana Rubin
Shelly Stokes
Jeanie Sumrall-Ajero
Melanie Testa
Laura Wasilowski
Terry White

Here's one of Melly Testa's segments from Series 300, which began airing nationally last month. (Melly will also have a book on art quilting coming out with us in just a couple of months!)

For one of my segments I think I'll make a quilted doggie jacket for my Italian Greyhound, Maggie. Poor bony thing is always freezing...

Freezing maggie

I can't decide whether to make her a jacket with some appliqued flowers in funky fabrics or go nuts and wholecloth paint a really colorful piece with her name and a few lyrics from Rod Stewart's "Maggie May."  Care to weigh in?

Filed under:

Comments

Judy in CA wrote
on 7 Feb 2009 3:45 PM
My vote is for Maggie May. Sounds like a great line-up of guests. The latest series has started to air in my community and I'm enjoying it! The segments seem longer.
Lesley Riley wrote
on 7 Feb 2009 4:08 PM
Yes for Maggie May - one of my favorite songs! The QATV video with Melly is great. I love the new longer segments.
Lisa wrote
on 7 Feb 2009 4:13 PM
Can't wait for the next season! I have all of seasons 2 & 3 on my DVR and I guess I may need to break down and buy them so I can have space to record more! ;) Go Crazy! I vote for Maggie May. Love the song and your idea!
Beth Billstrom wrote
on 7 Feb 2009 4:15 PM
My husband says to tell you, "Maggie is a good dog." He likes dogs. I like dogs and flowers (and my husband), but I think "Maggie Mae" takes the prize on this round! : )
Dawn wrote
on 7 Feb 2009 10:19 PM
I think your Maggie May idea is great. (loved the song too!) Poor Maggie does look so cold! I can't wait for the next Quilting Arts TV series. They still aren't airing in my area so.... darn, I'll just have to keep buying them! I really love being able to go back and watch segments again.
Gwen Goepel wrote
on 8 Feb 2009 9:09 AM
Maggie May definitely gets my vote but how about changing the lyrics you'll write/quilt on the "coverup" to be personal ones (funny of course) about your doggie finally getting warm!!! Cold is not a favorite of mine either so I can relate!
jude wrote
on 8 Feb 2009 11:22 AM
glad to see malka on the list.
carol sloan wrote
on 9 Feb 2009 9:18 PM
Oh, definitely Maggie May! Hey, hop over to my blog to see what I did with one piece of fabric that I won from you (in a blog give away). Thanks for sharing such beautiful, perfect fabric with me Pokey!
cindylee wrote
on 10 Feb 2009 10:53 AM
Altho I love that song and would love to see the end result, as cold as Maggie must get, you might have to forego the painted wholecloth jacket for a more patchwork look made out of chunky squares of very warm faux fur with appliqued flowers in funky fabrics. now that's what i call a real design challenge, pokey!
Debbie L wrote
on 10 Feb 2009 3:00 PM
Wow... everyone seems to be voting for Maggie Mae... me too! LOVE that idea.
Melanie wrote
on 14 Feb 2009 6:29 PM
Such a rock and roll gal! Maggie Mae of course! And oh! Those purses! Love that I am featured.
Denise wrote
on 17 Feb 2009 11:21 PM
she still looks cold to me...better make her something fleecy with maybe a faux furry collar.