Behind the Scenes at Quilting Arts TV

27 Feb 2009

I'm still here taping Quilting Arts TV, and I thought it might be fun to show you some behind-the-scenes video of Quilting Arts TV. See what *really* happens on the set:

We all have an ear worm in the green room and Jay McCarroll leads us in song..

My friend Melanie Testa tries to teach me something on set...

Trying on Jamie Fingal's heavy metal aprons in the green room:

Going through Jay McCarroll's segment before we begin taping...

More soon!

Comments

Lisa wrote
on 27 Feb 2009 10:58 AM
Those are great videos. Alwasy fun to see what happens behind the scenes. You and your crew always make it look like you've done each segment in one cut. I was marvelling the other day while watching at how well you (Pokey) are able to keep your guests on task, and draw things out of them with just the right questions. Good job!
Elin wrote
on 27 Feb 2009 12:52 PM
Mellie is too funny for words! Ba da bing.
Elaine Koenig wrote
on 27 Feb 2009 1:28 PM
I am loving the new series on TV. Thankfully we can now get it here in Nebrasa on Public Television. I did write and thank them for it! I am sure the new year will be equally wonderful. I was a lucky recipient of the latest freebies and they are Way Kool! Thank you so much! I am planing on using them in some small collaged quilted pieces for my siblings with photo transfers of our parents.
Jeannie wrote
on 27 Feb 2009 2:03 PM
Mellie cracks me up! I am enjoying Series 300 and you all do a fantastic job! Have a great weekend. Cheers.
LI Hertzi wrote
on 27 Feb 2009 2:17 PM
Hah! I love Pokey working on her Italian! Viva Pokey! Grinning, Li
Sharon Neth wrote
on 27 Feb 2009 2:57 PM
I can't wait to see what you and Jay cook up in his segment! Grommets... hmm... lacing up something are we? I love the whole thought of rethinking a shirt or blouse into something that is modern and FRESH!I hope that Jay creates something that is for both men and women? One thing that I would love to know from Jay is, does he design his own silkscreen patterns? If so, what does his sketchbook look like? Does he have it all covered in doodles? I HAVE TO KNOW? PLEASE? I LOVE YOU JAY!
Lynn wrote
on 27 Feb 2009 6:24 PM
So . . . what has happen to Sue Hausman? Sue is Husvarna Viking, correct? Didn't she get you into "show business"? :) Do you still film in Cleveland?
Jane LaFazio wrote
on 27 Feb 2009 6:27 PM
It looks like you're all having oodles of fun (and I know working hard too.) It's great that Helen is there to help out and take video too! xo
Judy in CA wrote
on 27 Feb 2009 9:20 PM
These vids are so funny! I LOVE JAY!!!
melly testa wrote
on 28 Feb 2009 8:59 AM
Oh My Goodness, too funny. You guys make quilting and taping TV segments so much fun! I got my greedy lil paws on the 830 machine and can attest that it is rockin! Wanting to..."Pudt it"