The Last of the Behind-the-scenes Shots for QA TV

8 Mar 2009

Studio

As promised, one final posting on the behind-the-scenes action from this latest taping of Quilting Arts TV!

Below is the changing area in the green room, separated by a plywood wall. (At least we have the wall!)  Anybody who set up their materials on this side of the room got a bit of a view if the person changing wasn't careful. ;-)

Changing area

Some of our guests: Lyric Kinard, Shelly Stokes, Sue Kelly, and Joyce Drexler
Lyric shelly sue joyce

Below Terry White and I are preparing for her segment. Do you see what I am sitting on? Terry wasn't that much taller than me so I only needed one phone book for a booster seat. (In most instances it was two!)
Pokey booster

While some of us were busy on set, others were showing off their varied talents in the green room. Below are Terry White and Melanie Testa as they broke out in song. (I'll give you props if you can figure out what tune this is!)

Jeanne Delpit and I with the Bernina 440 on Saturday afternoon, just after the taping wrapped up. You can tell by our exuberant smiles that we were pretty darn happy with how everything turned out.

Betterpj

Helen Gregory and I had a couple of hours Saturday afternoon before our flight took off, so guess where we went...

Pokey hall of fame

Yes, back to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame!

I hope you enjoyed some of the behind-the-scenes posts for QA TV and got a glimpse of our experience taping. For those heading to Chicago for the Spring International Quilt Festival, we'll be taping in the Make It University!(TM) area for the following series of QA TV. Hope to see you, and thanks for reading!

It's good to be home...

Home

Comments

Katina wrote
on 9 Mar 2009 4:04 AM
Oh oh, can't see the special video!! Katina kjkoukla(at)hotmail(dot)com
Kate wrote
on 9 Mar 2009 7:53 AM
What a performance!! Bravo! ((applauding))) How fun! The song is: Think About Your Troubles by Harry Nilsson...
Jane LaFazio wrote
on 9 Mar 2009 11:16 AM
okay. let's see. Melly Testa has a quilting arts book coming out, a quilting arts tv seqment or 7, a quilting arts workshop DVD...don't tell me we'll soon be able to shop online for the Melly Testa CD--tunes to sing along into a spool of thread with....
Sheri wrote
on 9 Mar 2009 3:29 PM
What a cute puppy! He (she?) looks happy you are home! Thanks for all of the images and videos.
Pokey wrote
on 9 Mar 2009 4:00 PM
Jane, good thinking! Hey, want to join our marketing team? ;-)
Bethel of Bethania wrote
on 9 Mar 2009 8:49 PM
G'day Pokey Woow what fun you guys have - I know it's hard work too but ... I reckon for all those folks that pre-order each series you should add an extra DvD of all the fun you guys have behind the scenes & also the goof-ups ... now that would be hilarious ... think about OK ... seriously ... OOroo ... Bethel
Diane wrote
on 10 Mar 2009 7:06 AM
I remember the song, 'Think About Your Troubles', but I do not know all the words. I am wondering why the girls decided on that particular song, but they did sound good together :) I loved the happy enthusiasm among you all. Does your min pin travel with you always? How adorable! Also, I wrote to our PBS station and asked them to please hurry and get Quilting Arts back on our Arkansas schedule! The rep answered my letter and assured me they will soon be back to regular programing and I can enjoy QA this spring, YaaaaaaaY!
Dawn wrote
on 10 Mar 2009 7:31 PM
Thank you for all the behind the scenes photos and videos! It'll make watching the segments even more fun! I've often wondered what you see (aside from the cameras and lights) when you are on the set. I can only imagine having so much fun at work!!
Daren Ann wrote
on 14 Mar 2009 9:17 AM
Hi Pokey, Great news and Congrats with the IQF/QS!! It's fun to see the pix of your travels to Cleveland. Does your dog need a doggy-themed quilted luggage liner for traveling? Rock On'
Suzanne wrote
on 14 Mar 2009 9:01 PM
Hello Pokey, I wish you luck with the new magazine, International Quilt Festival:Quilt Scene. I'm interested to see what you do with your next endeavor.