Announcing the 2010 Quilting Arts Calendar Winners!

18 May 2009

We said we'd announce the winners this Friday, but I'm heading out on the road again in a couple of days so I'm posting this a bit early (and via video format).

Congrats to the winners and thanks to all of the finalists for sharing your art with us! Other finalists' pieces that we chose as Judges' Choice will appear in the August/September issue of Quilting Arts Magazine.

Comments

on 18 May 2009 1:53 PM

Congratulations all!  Beautiful quilts.

Polly41 wrote
on 18 May 2009 2:43 PM

Well I am truly thrilled, knocked out and speechless! (Almost.) Thanks to whoever chose me as Miss March, though I think the real thanks should go to Spike for beiing such a cute critter (and well behaved too).

Polly

Muppin wrote
on 18 May 2009 2:44 PM

Congratulations to all the winners!!!

Jody Johnson wrote
on 18 May 2009 3:01 PM

Congratulations to all the winners!

on 18 May 2009 3:25 PM

Hi, Pokey! What a thrill to be at Market last week and hear that both my pieces were chosen! They are all fabulous. I am SO excited.

linnerlu wrote
on 18 May 2009 8:41 PM

Congratulations to you all!  I can't wait to see them in my 2010 Calendar ... I've never missed a year since they started coming out.  In fact, I usually get at least two, so I can have all this quilted beauty in both my studio and my kitchen!

Whidbey2 wrote
on 19 May 2009 9:56 AM

Congratulations to all the winners your work is truly amazing. I can see why you are all winners. I can't wait to see the calendars.

Now I have what may be a silly question.  I am new to this national challenge thing.  Can those of us who are not finalists or runners up assume that we are now free to publish our quilt's photos or enter them into other forums?

Pokey wrote
on 19 May 2009 11:07 AM

Whidbey, by all means, yes! Please share your entry on your profile page, in the Share Your Art gallery, or in the forums. I'm sure everybody would love to see...

pcoxdesign wrote
on 19 May 2009 1:08 PM

I have finally come down off of cloud nine! I was thrilled to hear that I would be Miss May! Thanks so much for picking my entry out of all that talent! Congrats to all the winners!

on 19 May 2009 4:21 PM

Can't wait to hang the new calendar in my studio!  Way to go winners!

on 19 May 2009 5:19 PM

I am so thrilled to have been chosen as august!     Wow,  I am blown away and 'almost' speechless (which is unusual for me)  Thankyou to God for the wonderful inspiration for my piece.    Congratulations to all the winners.  Kai Pai !  (well done)  From me in New Zealand.

Catherine

gursel wrote
on 21 May 2009 8:58 AM

Congratulations  to all the winners.

Pokey , I  can not view any  video  at this  site including this one . Please tell me what is wrong with my computer. I can not wait to see the winners :)

on 21 May 2009 3:15 PM

What a wonderful suprise I received when I realized that the winners had been announced and one of my pieces was chosen for the month of January!  Thank you very much for this wonderful honor.  I am thrilled.  I went to a meeting with a huge smile on my face!

Congrats to the other talented artists whose work was chosen.  What an honor it is to be in their company.

I am looking forward to seeing the Calendar!   Thanks once again.

on 21 May 2009 8:47 PM

I am thrilled to have been chosen for Miss June. Thank you!!! I have downloaded all the images of the winners and put them on my monitor side-by-side. Wow, what a blast of color and texture. This is going to be an incredible calendar. Congratulation to all the other winners. P.S. I know what everyone in my family is getting for Christmas next year!!

staciboham wrote
on 22 May 2009 4:23 AM

The other winning quilts are so beautiful. I'm humbled to be included in the calendar with them. thank you.

Another question about posting pictures...since I'm on the calendar, does that mean that I should NOT post a picture of my quilt on my own web page? I'm very new to this type of publication.

lalaW wrote
on 29 May 2009 5:14 AM

If yu truely have so many entrants why do you choose two pieces form the same artist???  This seems decidedly unfair to me.  Shouldn't there be a limit to the number of pireces taht can be chosen for the claendar???  Coem on CPS your bias and clichyness is really really showing!!!!