In Honor of "Project Runway" hitting the airwaves again, I give you Jay McCarroll!

20 Aug 2009

I need my Heidi Klum fix and have popcorn at the ready for tonight's debut of "Project Runway" on Lifetime! In honor of this show finally hitting the airwaves again, below is a clip of "Project Runway's" Jay McCarroll, the first designer to win "Project Runway" in one of his two guest spots for Quilting Arts TV, Series 400 (now available).

I just watched this clip for the first time today, and I have to laugh because we were both sporting sugar highs from lunch. He also will never let me forget that a while back--in my nervous state when I met him--I accidentally said Jay Carroll (not McCarroll). Being a die-hard PR fan, I knew right away what had spilled out of my mouth and was so embarrassed, but to this day he wont let me live it down!

Enjoy.

Comments

Quilnan wrote
on 21 Aug 2009 7:38 AM

They did quite the launch with the pre-show of past competitors doing mini-collections with a twist, and a post-show of models. But the new PR show was as creative as ever, and now we'll learn about the garment industry on the West Coast...good stuff!

espbfdl wrote
on 21 Aug 2009 8:07 PM

OH MY GOODNESS--I saw this on TV about a week ago....I saved it on DVR because I thought it was the BEST segment for laughs!!! LOVE IT! LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!

on 22 Aug 2009 9:35 PM

I DVR'd this episode and just watched it the other day.  It is one of the best episodes ever just because Jay was so funny!  I really don't know how you managed to keep it all together while Jay was throwing fabric around and just being silly.  I will definately watch the episode again.

Just wanted to let you know that I am really enjoying the longer segments in this years episodes.  I really think this is the best season yet.  I am learning a lot - but I guess we've all evolved with the show so each new season is better and better.  Thanks!

on 27 Aug 2009 2:22 PM

I find the new Project Runway quite interesting.. I love Tim Gunn but the dynamics just really need to pop from the  designers...if you really want to win then you need to create what will have market appeal.

Pokey I need to ask ...does this blog not get emailed out direct anymore I miss your happiness coming direct to my email and it hasn't in months...since they set up the forums....miss you...

or maybe its just my insane life getting in way

Lorri

Merriejo wrote
on 5 Sep 2009 5:51 PM

This was one of the worst episodes of Quilting Arts. I didn't think it was funny --

arashi2 wrote
on 1 Oct 2009 9:45 AM

Awful, hideous, unimaginative,.  What a waste of tinw!