I'll Show You Mine If You Show Me Yours... (ATCs for Houston!)

5 Oct 2009

Who's joining me in making 35 ATCs (artist trading cards) to celebrate the 35th anniversary of International Quilt Festival/ Houston next week?

Last night I packed all of my Open Studios supplies and discovered I had gotten just a tad carried away in making ATCs recently...

Don't they look like a fat stack of stitched pancakes?

Some of my collections:

Happy Birthday Houston!

My "Gobble Gobble" ATCs:

My "It's Still Rock 'n Roll To Me" ATCs:

My "Helloooo, Rat!" ATCs (These are little momentos of my "Sopranos" Quilt from Long Beach)

My "Arts 'n Crafts" ATCs (I made them using Beryl Taylor's Fabric Paper technique and then applied molding paste on top through a stencil.)

My "Everything But the Kitchen Sink" machine needle-felted, metal, and stitched ATCs:

I've shown you mine, now I hope you'll show me yours. If you are coming to Houston and visiting us in Make It University! and/or making ATCs and posting them to your blog, let us know in the comments area and leave us a link so we can see.

If you've never made ATCs before and want some simple directions, here's an ole' blog entry of mine that shows how to make some:

How to Make Fabric ATCs

A lot more to come over the next few days as we share more International Quilt Festival: Quilt Scene news and giveaways!

Filed under: ,

Featured Product

International Quilt Fest: Quilt Scene

Availability: Out Of Stock
Price: $14.99

Magazine Single Issue

This special issue from Quilting Arts Magazine and Quilts, Inc. captures the energy, beauty, and community of today's quilt scene.

Comments

sewcalgal wrote
on 5 Oct 2009 5:13 PM

Beautiful ATCs.

SewCalGal

www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

on 6 Oct 2009 8:47 AM

Oh those are so fun.  I especially like your arts n crafts atcs.  Curly q's seem to speak to me. ;)

Jody Johnson wrote
on 6 Oct 2009 8:58 PM

Love these all. Wish I could come to Houston. One year I will make it!

watercolor2 wrote
on 7 Oct 2009 5:49 PM

Oh Boy...my head is spinning!  Two years ago I was swept into quilting by my golfing friends.  My passion had been watercolor.   Now..this summer I have discovered fabric art and paper/fabric art and all that goes along with it!   I'm loving Quilting Arts TV and the Quilting Arts Magazine and Cloth, Paper, Scissors....my problem is ... where do I start !   There are so many wonderful ideas.   I think the ATC's would be a good starting point.   It's a wonderful world!

artl8dy wrote
on 11 Oct 2009 5:32 PM

OK! I've got mine and posted them on my blog.

See you there!

Sharon

LisaM@59 wrote
on 12 Oct 2009 12:35 AM

I'm going to be busy packing today (and waiting for the tech from my broadband service to come find out why it's not working!  grrr), but if I get some time, I'll post the 35 - yes, 35! - ATCs I made.  (They do take awhile, don't they?)  I hope I'll get at least one of yours, Pokey; they are beautiful.  :)  I'm also hoping against hope that I get into Surviving the Runway - look forward to that almost more than anything else!

LisaM@59 wrote
on 12 Oct 2009 3:06 PM

I got done packing early and took a photo to share on my blog.  I'm so excited I can hardly stand it!

studiorose.wordpress.com/.../houston-we-have-atcs

Thanks for all the fun things you bring to the festival, Pokey; I wouldn't even go if you guys weren't there!

artsavvy wrote
on 22 Oct 2009 1:02 PM

This is a wonderful idea for young artists. Love the postcards..I just gave my 6 year old grandaughter Josie a sewing machine and she loves free motion and the deco stitches the best. Unfortunately they live 9 hours away so I have sent her mother the URL for this page so she can start Josie making postcards using her Mom's quilting scraps.

Deb Droog... artsavvy@verizon.net