Introducing "Save My UFO!" to QA TV

5 Feb 2010

Want your quilt-in-progress featured on Quilting Arts TV?

Do you have an unfinished art quilt (otherwise known as a UFO for UnFinished Object) that’s got you stumped on how to complete? Have you stuffed it in the back of a dresser drawer in the desperate hope that if left in the dark long enough, it’ll magically transform into something akin to a fine wine?

I’m here to help you. We are introducing a new segment to Quilting Arts TV:

“Save my UFO!”

Here’s your chance to have your unfinished art quilt featured on Quilting Arts TV—and to get advice from the pros on how turn your UFO into a masterpiece!

How to participate:

1. Upload a picture (gif or jpeg) of your UFO in the "Save my UFO!" Photo Gallery by February 16. **Note: You must be logged in on the site to see the upload option. If you are not signed in, you will not see the upload option appear on your screen.** Here is the direct link to the “Save My UFO!” Gallery:

2. Share your story behind your quilt, what you had intended, and where you think you may have gone awry. We’ll select a few quilts for this next Quilting Arts TV taping (March 1-5, 2010).This series begins airing the end of June.

3. I will notify the artists that their UFOs were selected right here on my blog on Wednesday, February 17. Please note that if your quilt is selected it must be shipped to us and arrive in our office no later than Wednesday, February 24.

If we don’t select yours, don’t worry; we plan to bring more UFOs to successive filmings, plus have well respected quilt artists give you advice for your quilt right here in the Quilting Arts forums. And, by watching this new segment on Quilting Arts TV, we hope you’ll be inspired  and encouraged to tackle your own UFOs.

We hope you’ll hurry up and post your UFO!

Filed under: ,

Comments

on 5 Feb 2010 9:07 AM

This post was mentioned on Twitter by PokeyBolton: Wanted for Quilting Arts TV taping! Do you have an unfinished art quilt you want advice from the pros for completing? http://bit.ly/bCkTzb

Carol DK wrote
on 9 Feb 2010 7:14 AM

Great idea. it sure sprouted wings.

Sandra Johns wrote
on 9 Feb 2010 12:04 PM

Question?  Are only quilts allowed?  I have a standing soft form, needle sculpted and felted doll, (I really like him, but I haven't been able to move forward with in two years.. )I need some advice or direction for him.  Thank you for considering my questions.

Sandra Johns    My email is;  edgar@tidewater.net

Sandra Johns wrote
on 9 Feb 2010 12:05 PM

Sandra Johns    My email is;  edgar@tidewater.net

mharrison2 wrote
on 9 Feb 2010 3:36 PM

Are the items going to be completed by you, or are you offering suggestions for completion of the items? Do you return them?  The item that I have struggled with is a silk screen that my son made when he was in school. I don't want to give it away, I just don't have any nifty ideas for making it sing.

Pokey wrote
on 10 Feb 2010 4:28 AM

Sandra, go ahead and post in the gallery as I'm sure people will comment and offer suggestions on how to complete. I don't think I can bring it to Quilting Arts TV, however, as the segment is meant specifically for quilts.

MHarisson, we will be offering suggestions for completion (not completing ourselves), and yes, we will be shipping them back to the artists after the taping.

on 10 Feb 2010 11:38 AM

Oh, I am going to get one of my UFO's ready to photograph and send to you.  If I was lucky enough to be chosen, does this mean you would finish the quilt on your program?

N. Dalton

MellyT wrote
on 10 Feb 2010 7:28 PM

I make mistakes in my work all the time, I usually take a quick intake of breath, say a swear that starts with an 's', then I shrug and keep going. Fixing those mistakes is the best part.

on 10 Feb 2010 11:36 PM

I tried to send a pic of my UFO  but failed.

Margaret P.