Quilting Arts TV Episode 1105: DIY Quilt Studio and Organization Ideas

24 Jan 2013

Organizing and cleaning up your work space is a great way to jump-start your creativity. We begin with a return visit from Libby Lehman and must-have sewing essentials for your sewing studio: your own quilting survival kit! Then, Pokey Bolton creates fabric covered cans for storing your studio goodies and using up some of your fabric stash. We finish up with Elizabeth Hartman and how to make a design wall and pressing board that are unique to your space.

View the projects from the episode by clicking here.

Libby Lehman, right, with Pokey Bolton on the set of QATV Series 1100.

Pokey Bolton prepares to create fabric-covered cans for organizing your studio.

Elizabeth Hartman's custom pressing board.

QATV Series 1100 is now available at the Quilting Daily Shop.

Comments

on 26 Mar 2013 10:42 PM

What was the seam ripper/blade recommended in this episode.  I did not get the name.  Thanks,  Melinda

CINDYINCAL wrote
on 15 Apr 2013 12:55 PM

IS THERE A "LIST OF TOOLS" FOR Libby Lehman's Segment?

CINDYINCAL wrote
on 15 Apr 2013 12:58 PM

DEAR MELINDA,

IT IS AN EYEBROW TRIMMER (THAT YOU CAN GET FROM LOCAL DRUG STORE, ETC.) THAT Libby Lehman MENTIONED.

suzwoodard wrote
on 7 May 2013 4:30 PM

I'd like to see a list of tools that Libby Lehman used!

mhoney wrote
on 26 May 2013 10:54 PM

can anyone tell us what the vinyl tape is called?  Libby said it was sold at quilt shops.  I've googled many times but cannot find a reusable vinyl tape, to wrap around spools of thread.

hellogal wrote
on 1 Jun 2013 11:33 AM

I would also like to get a list of the tools suggested with any name brands mentioned.  Just when you think you might have everything you need you see something new that would be great to have.  That is why I enjoy your show.

Lucille@4 wrote
on 22 Jun 2013 8:54 PM

I really enjoyed the 1105 series with Libby Lehman, however when I tried to view it on this page I could only get the beginning of the show.

Where can I go to see the tips on organization?

on 6 Jul 2013 1:41 PM

I completed a quick project today, creating a pressing board. The project was presented on Quilting Arts

halifaxfaye wrote
on 6 Jul 2013 4:00 PM

I've looked at various quilt sources in Canada for the reusable vinyl tape and there's nothing. Please advise the brand name so they can order it!

halifaxfaye wrote
on 6 Jul 2013 4:00 PM

Dkcates wrote
on 24 Aug 2013 8:45 AM

Did anyone get an answer to where we can find the list of tools suggested by Libby Lehman??  I tuned into the show only to see part of the suggestions.

Thanks

Diana

veemeu wrote
on 25 Sep 2013 6:18 AM

This is the episode that Libby Lehman showed the "leather foot" or quilting roller foot. I would like to know where (web site or store) that I may purchase it.

Very good episode. Good to know attachments for sewing machines.

Copyright © 2014 F+W Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.