Quilting Arts TV Episode 1302--Approaches to Quilting

20 Dec 2013

There are as many different approaches to quilting as there are designers. The individual creative process is what defines art quilting. Today's designers each have taken a different path. Laurie Ceesay's specialty is portrait quilts using a raw edged fused appliqué method. Then, Sara Hochhauser shares a very functional approach to quilting and a casserole cover that lets your artistic side shine. Finally, Cheryl Sleboda introduces e-textile technology.

View the projects from this episode by clicking here.

Laurie Ceesay demonstrates making portrait quilts.

Sara Hochhauser shows how to make this charming casserole cover.

Cheryl Sleboda updates us on using technology in quilts.

QATV Series 1300 is now available!

Filed under:

Comments

on 16 Mar 2014 7:26 PM

I would like to make the casserole carrier, but cannot find the pattern on line.  When I saw the episode on TV I was told the complete pattern and directions would be found on line, but I cannot find them.

on 16 Mar 2014 7:26 PM

on 24 Mar 2014 1:46 PM

The link is just under the video above for casserole pattern, which I just watched on our local PBS station March 24. I think it will make a great gift I needed for one of the 3 bridal showers ahead and make a dent in some of my decorative fabrics already stacked on shelf. Thanks, Christine

kayr12 wrote
on 24 May 2014 9:08 AM

Could you pls explain exactly where the handles are to be sewn.  4" in from long edge or 4" down on the long edge.

thanks

barkpurr wrote
on 25 Jul 2014 10:49 PM

I cannot find the insul-shine?  I checked at Joanne's, Walmart, Kmart, and some others.  I find insul bright.  Is this the same thing?

barkpurr wrote
on 25 Jul 2014 11:46 PM

Is their an online video for the Casserole Cover on Episode 1302?  I saw the 45 second one.  Is there a full video to show the making of it?  I printed out the directions but really would like to see the complete video.

Copyright © 2014 F+W Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.