Quilting Arts TV Episode 1308--Quilting Simplified

20 Dec 2013

Today's show features some simplified versions for common quilt techniques. First, Vivika DeNegre demonstrates a nine patch rearranged quilt for a modern spin on this common block. Then, Julia Wood introduces an unconventional hexagon technique that doesn't require paper piecing. Last, Carolyn Friedlander has a raw edge appliqué project using bobbin work.

View the projects from this episode by clicking here.

Vivika Hansen DeNegre (left, with Pokey Bolton) demonstrates a fun
technique that takes the nine patch to a new level.

This quilt by Julia Wood features a unique way to make hexagons--she'll
show you how!

Carolyn Friedlander uses bobbin work to great effect in
this mini bird applique quilt.

QATV Series 1300 is now available!

Filed under:

Comments

kclemen wrote
on 2 Mar 2014 5:39 PM

Id like to know what fabrics were used in the hexagon quilt by Julia Wood.

Thanks

Kim

dawn powell wrote
on 18 Mar 2014 4:43 PM

can i get the measurements for the hexacon please

Colleen115 wrote
on 23 Mar 2014 6:40 AM

How can I print out instructions for the Julia Wood Hexagon technique on program 1308? Thanks, Colleen

braz wrote
on 29 Mar 2014 9:44 AM

Loved the hexagons is there any way I can get the printed pattern or directions?

Thanks Caroline

mommalady wrote
on 31 Mar 2014 4:44 PM

Love this episode 1308.  Belong to a quilt for charities club.  would like patterns and pictures to show the group.  The hexagon would be perfect for the hand quilters and the 9 patch for the machine quilters.  Could you help me get them?

suekimber wrote
on 12 Apr 2014 10:56 AM

I would like the pattern and instructions on the hexagon quilt by Julia Wood. I only saw some of the tutorial on the show and am very interested in it.

MBWhite wrote
on 12 Apr 2014 2:30 PM

how can I get instruction to print for hexagon quilt ????

bbrower44 wrote
on 22 Apr 2014 1:23 PM

I like that you can download each project,  but I really need pictures or diagrams on the guide sheet.  I'm such a visual learner sometimes just telling me doesn't make sense,I have to see it. If the project guide linked back to the video that would have been very helpful.

on 26 Apr 2014 9:15 PM

Do you have the pattern or written instructions for the 9-patch technique

Linda1163 wrote
on 19 May 2014 11:21 PM

I need a better description of the final step/point.  How do I get that?

thanks

amzirn wrote
on 20 May 2014 12:56 PM

How do you watch the episode again?

Herbandcindy wrote
on 23 Jun 2014 9:43 PM

Can you please post the video showing the hand-sewing technique for the hexagons.  The instructions are not easy to follow. Thanks. Please reply with directions to access that portion of the show.

mac@quilts wrote
on 21 Jul 2014 3:32 PM

I just watched the show, very carefully, because I love hexies. right after the show I downloaded the pdf file.  The pdf is missing a few or more steps.  Step 5 doesn't tell you to fold the fabric and to do it as you move around the circle.  A diagram would certainly help if you can watch a tutorial.

scottjk13 wrote
on 22 Jul 2014 1:10 PM

How do I get this segment without purchasing the whole series.  I loved it and would love to make these.  HELP!!!

Copyright © 2014 F+W Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.