Vote on Our Supply Showdown

21 May 2012

I just got back from Quilt Market in Kansas City. We had a blast, but my oh my were there a lot of new fabrics, notions, and surface design supplies to see. It was overwhelming...almost.

I almost rode away with a bike basket
full of supplies at Quilt Market.
What kind of of quilting supplies attract you most?

To get an idea, we've pulled together two groups of materials, one geared to embellishment and surface design and one more fabric- and sewing-related. You can vote on which one you prefer on our Quilting Daily Facebook page from now through May 31, 2012, and have a chance to win one of them. Read the official rules for all the details.

Tell your friends and let them get in on the fun. You can enter once per day and see the running tally of which set of supplies is "winning."

Have fun!

Comments

susanherzog wrote
on 22 May 2012 1:57 PM

I don't know if it's just me, but the page is blank and said no programs running now.

Ella wrote
on 26 May 2012 8:38 AM

Because voting requires Facebook membership I'm unable to vote.

on 26 May 2012 10:39 AM

I'm not a member of Facebook either. Call me a renegade.

linlal wrote
on 26 May 2012 2:24 PM

Although I am on facebook so I can keep in touch with my far-flung family, I don't ever "like" commercial organizations. In order to like you, I usually have to consent to giving you access to various parts of my facebook account including personal information about myself and my friends. For privacy reasons, I refuse to do this.

This has two direct results:

1. I have no ability to enter contests like this and so never win that prize.

2. What should be of more concern to you is that it really annoys me that you won't let me participate without compromising my security. This will be reflected in my opinion of your company and influence how I respond to you in the future.

The number of people who choose to either not be on facebook or to participate in a limited way as I do is growing. By using facebook, and therefore excluding us, you are cutting off and potentially alienating a section of your clientele.

That's not very friendly and it's not good business practice either.

SandyS@9 wrote
on 26 May 2012 3:04 PM

I too, am unable to vote because I am not a member of Facebook.

I feel that I have to agree with the previous poster Linlal.

A few years ago, I did join Facebook so I could keep up with my grandkids. Within teo weeks, someone tried to hack my paypal account. Thankfull, the folks at paypal helped my out but I had to change EVERY password for every account I had or blog that I joined. I quit Facebook and vowed, Never Again!!!

Weena wrote
on 26 May 2012 3:41 PM

I, too, refuse to become a Facebook member.  "Linlal" has already made all my points, and I'd urge you to pay attention.

Pinesiskin wrote
on 26 May 2012 8:01 PM

I am also not a member of Facebook.  I had a bad experience after becoming a member some time back.  Too bad there is not another way for us to vote.

Pinesiskin

CasaManana wrote
on 27 May 2012 12:06 AM

I clicked the link in the 3rd paragraph (where it says vote on which one you prefer).  It worked great.  I'm not sure, but it might work for you, too.

on 27 May 2012 1:31 AM

Being based in the UK I don't think I can enter competitions or get freebies, also I don't use Facebook so can't vote. Most of my fellow quilters are seniors and wouldn't want to use Facebook anyway.

Mickie7 wrote
on 27 May 2012 10:37 AM

I too am 1 of the thousands who do not and will not go on Facebook or in my case back to Facebook.  We are a growing number and a lot of it is due to the privacy or lack of.

Would like to enter but can't. I do follow the blogs but may have to start giving up a lot of the blogs because of this.  I think that this message should be getting passed onto a lot of these companys.

on 28 May 2012 1:43 AM

I heartily agree with all the previous postings!  I am not a member of Facebook!  I have better things to do in life such as getting on with my patchwork, giving time to my REAL friends and family and running my home. If you insist that we do everything through Facebook now (by the way, have you got shares there??) then I must sadly not bother to read your weekly notes.  Helen

caubrietia wrote
on 28 May 2012 11:20 AM

Why should I be a facebook member?  So, this is not a free contest, if it´s mandatory to be part of a community I do not want to.  I don´t like facebook and its policies.  Now I know I'm denied to your contest.  Thank you!

justbeclaus wrote
on 28 May 2012 12:53 PM

Please add  me to the growing list of people who will not participate through Facebook.  Would be interested in knowing why that is the only option offered.

saltscapes wrote
on 28 May 2012 1:42 PM

I am another facebook decliner.  Perhaps you should pay attention to the many negative comments here.  Other companies have lost both my interest and business as a result of facebook only communication requirements.

Carol Smith wrote
on 28 May 2012 6:07 PM

I agree with all of these postings.  I do not want to join Facebook.  Please give us another option in order to participate.