Join award-winning artist Lyric Kinard for her live online seminar, Principles of Design in Fiber, Arts & Crafts. Lyric describes the elements of art as letters of the alphabet which form the visual language. She will teach you a few basic facts about the function of these elements so you can raise your creative work to a higher level of artistry. It isn't hard to learn and it's never too late!
Here's what you can expect to explore when you register for Principles of Design in Fiber Arts & Crafts
- It's never too late to learn! Dive into five elements of art that serve a function just as each letter of the alphabet represents certain sounds.
- Texture: What does your medium of choice say? How does it connect to the viewer? What does it mean to you as an artist?
- The meaning and activity of shape: Learn what role shape plays in the overall message of your art project.
- What's in a line? Line takes the eye on a journey through your work. What kinds of lines do you create in your work and what function do they perform?
- Color: Learning how a few of the basic color relationships work will allow you to more easily achieve the effects you are going for.
- Value: Learn how to understand value, which determines how much light and dark is in each color in your artwork as a whole.
Register for Principles of Design in Arts & Crafts and begin an unforgettable journey shaped by a clearer understanding of elements in your art. Plus, when you register you'll get a coupon code for 30% off the print or digital edition of Lyric's book Art + Quilt, or 'Quilting Arts TV' Series 1100 DVD or download.