New Host for 'QATV' - Susan Brubaker Knapp

6 Feb 2014

We have exciting news about "Quilting Arts TV"! Award-winning quilt artist Susan Brubaker Knapp will take over as host, beginning with Season 14.

You may know Susan from her beautiful quilts, her many appearances on "QATV" and other TV and radio shows, her teaching in person in the U.S. and abroad, or through her four DVDs/video downloads with Quilting Arts on topics from machine quilting and thread sketching to finishing techniques.

I know her as a warm and friendly artist with incredible talent and a gift for teaching in an accessible way. Susan's depth and breadth of knowledge of quilting--from contemporary art quilting to traditional quilting--makes her uniquely suited for this position. She will continue to bring viewers the in-depth information about modern quilting, surface design, and embellishment they expect, while adding her own fresh perspective on the subjects.

"I've been a guest on the show, and I tune in regularly to watch it. I adore it. What a wonderful opportunity and challenge to share my passion and love for this amazing world of art quilting," Susan says.

"Working closely with [Vivika], I hope to continue the wonderful legacy that Quilting Arts founder and former ‘Quilting Arts TV' host Pokey Bolton started, and to take the show in new directions as the quilting world evolves. I'll look forward to bringing back popular guests, and introducing viewers to fresh new faces in the worlds of art quilting, contemporary quilting and surface design."

If you're not familiar with Susan and her work, check out the April/May 2014 issue of Quilting Arts Magazine, her  new Quilting Arts Workshop video Fabulous Finishes, and of course the just-released "QATV" Series 13, in which she guests on four episodes.

Please join me in welcoming Susan!

Comments

Muppin wrote
on 6 Feb 2014 11:01 PM

Congrats, Susan!!!!

marit1219 wrote
on 7 Feb 2014 12:27 AM

Wonderful!  Congratulations to Susan.  I will miss you, Pokey, but wish you wonderful new adventures.

longlk12 wrote
on 8 Feb 2014 8:42 AM

I look forward to Susan as the new host !  Congratulations to her and lucky for those of us who admire her work.

Judy Probert wrote
on 8 Feb 2014 9:06 AM

What happened to Pokey?

on 8 Feb 2014 10:03 AM

What happened to Pokey Bolton?

Ida Houston wrote
on 8 Feb 2014 10:23 AM

Susan will be GREAT!  I am so happy for her!

arthurb2 wrote
on 8 Feb 2014 10:28 AM

I would just like to say thank you for being on public tv.  Most of the other quilting shows are on the internet now and have a "membership fee".  I am happy to watch Quilting Arts on TV and the try out some of the projects that I am interested in.  Thank you Pokey and I hope to see what other ventures you get involved in.  Looking forward to watching Susan.

cara154 wrote
on 8 Feb 2014 10:40 AM

I already miss Pokey, she has such a creative and sweet personaliity,  I do hope she's going on to something wonderful which she'll love to do.  I wish you great success, Pokey!

jlwilson94 wrote
on 8 Feb 2014 10:46 AM

Great news for Susan!  Why did Pokey leave?  We loved Pokey as the host.

on 8 Feb 2014 10:53 AM

what happened with pokey? she was so enthusiastic and good at encouraging guests to share.

Merriejo wrote
on 8 Feb 2014 10:56 AM

Yeah! A new host! The show has been stuck in a rut the last couple of years. A new format would also be welcomed...just one or two guests and a slower approach to showing each technique. It feels rushed most of the time.

Barbism wrote
on 8 Feb 2014 11:24 AM

Wishing Pokey the best of luck and I'm sure we'll be hearing from her in the future.

I'm delighted to see Susan step in as her replacement and look forward to many more years of creativity and learning with QATV!

Barb in Ottawa

minch wrote
on 8 Feb 2014 3:27 PM

Congratulations. I have enjoyed your DVD's and look forward to your shows. I do hope you slow down the pace so they aren't so rushed.

Good Luck to Pokey in future endeavors.

norpine98 wrote
on 8 Feb 2014 6:12 PM

Congrats Susan. The time spent in your classes in Melbourne at AQC where fantastic and everyone gained so much from your instruction and guidance.

dfmrobinson wrote
on 8 Feb 2014 8:42 PM

Pokey will be greatly missed. I enjoyed all her shows. She was a natural innovator, artistic, creative and terrific person.

Thank you for all those ideas, Pokey!

Deborah

dfmrobinson wrote
on 8 Feb 2014 8:42 PM

Thank you for all those ideas, Pokey!

Deborah

Robin Nowlin wrote
on 9 Feb 2014 8:05 AM

Congratulations, Susan.  I have always enjoyed your appearances on QATV.  I look forward to watching you in your new role.

Robin Nowlin wrote
on 9 Feb 2014 8:05 AM

BelleTaylor wrote
on 9 Feb 2014 2:37 PM

Exciting changes!  Thank you to Pokey!  I am so grateful for your many years of inspiration and creative ideas via the QA show.  Many happy new adventures to you Pokey.  Congrats to Susan!  I look forward to continuing to enjoy the wonderful QA show with you at the teaching helm. The best of luck to you Susan.

BelleTaylor wrote
on 9 Feb 2014 2:37 PM

BelleTaylor wrote
on 9 Feb 2014 2:39 PM

CarrollMLH wrote
on 9 Feb 2014 9:30 PM

Pokey always had interesting shows, but sometimes did not have enough time to show 3 different projects in one show.  I hope there can be more in-depth information and instructions instead of rushing through a project.

amemory wrote
on 9 Feb 2014 11:37 PM

Hi Susan, I met you in Raleigh,NC where I took 2 introductory classes from you. I learned so much, had great fun and use those techniques every time I sit down to a new project.  I was pleased to see you on QATV after that. I wish you the very best of luck and look forward to seeing more of  your work and learning from you on a regular basis.

VivikaEditor wrote
on 10 Feb 2014 11:43 AM

Thank you for the warm welcome to Susan! For those inquiring about Pokey, she has decided to focus her efforts on other endeavors, and though we will miss her, we wish her well.

Reeser wrote
on 11 Feb 2014 8:49 AM

I will miss you Pokey.  You inspired me to broaden my quilting experiences.

Congratulations to Susan.  I have learned a great deal from you also, and look forward to watching you on Quilting Arts TV.

Marie Dieck

judith161 wrote
on 12 Feb 2014 2:45 AM

Susan Brubaker Knapp is the author of a favorite instruction book, one about using photographs for quilt design. I have used this book more than any other in my quilting journey. So I really look forward to her coming aboard to host the show. Of course Pokey has done a great job throughout the years also.