What makes a quilter a quilter? Certainly, we are unique individuals with our own creative impulses and drives, but we do have so much in common--including a sense of humor. We asked around at the office and on our Facebook page, and came up with a list of signs that fabric art is in every fiber of your being (Facebook fans credited in parentheses).
|Go ahead--pet them. We get it.
(Fabric: Terrain by Kate Spain, Moda)
So step away from the sewing machine, put the needle and thread down, and see how many of these "signs" apply to you!
15 Signs You're a Quilter
1. You always have threads or fabric scraps on you, somewhere.
2. You pay more attention to the bedding than the action in a romantic movie scene. (Angelina Kendra)
3. Your neighbor is excited about her new kitchen, and you want to show off your new sewing table extension.
4. To you, parchment paper is not a baking supply.
5. You have more fabric than clothing . . . or food.
6. You pet fabric.
7. You step over all the laundry to wash the fabric first. (JoDee Bright)
8. You keep every scrap and thread. Because one day you might need it for a fiber art project.
9. You know the difference between fabric scissors and paper scissors, and woe to the friend or family member who doesn't.
10. When someone says you have great fat quarters, you say, "Thank you!"
11. The term "UFO" is not alien to you.
12. No matter where you go--hockey game, hardware store, horse barn--you see something that makes you think, "That would make a great quilt."
13. You plan your entire vacation around quilt stores that you want to visit. (Debbie Roback Nutter)
14. Your idea of a romantic destination is Mood.
15. You live by the phrase, "One can never have too much fabric.
I'm sure all of our Quilting Arts Magazine subscribers can relate to this list. If you don't already subscribe to Quilting Arts, take this as a sign that you should!
P.S. Put your tongue in your cheek and tell me your own signs that you are a quilter. Leave your comments below by Friday, February 14, 2014, and I'll pick two winners to receive a stack of fat quarters, one from Moda and the other from Cloud 9. WINNERS: dianeos and bmarie913! We will contact you for your addresses.