Hello from The Netherlands

This post has 5 Replies | 4 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 3
inaklugt wrote
on 7 May 2009 12:31 AM

Just a few minutes ago I became a member of this community. I am a Dutch quilter, and I like both traditional and contemporary / art quilting. When I make traditional quilts that is for the traditional use: on my bed or on a couch - I am more exploring things and trying to combine the old and the new - I find my satisfaction in finding my own way. Something old and something ( a lot ) new.

I love the Quilting Arts magazine and this is the natural second step forward to virtually meet new friends

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,413
Pokey wrote
on 7 May 2009 3:16 AM

Welcome, Inaklugt. We're happy to have you here!

Pokey Bolton

Founder of Quilting Arts Magazine

TV Host, Quilting Arts on PBS

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 21
cellogirl wrote
on 7 May 2009 8:36 AM

Hi from Colorado! I would love to see pictures of your quilts, especially how you combine the old and the new. I have also found freedom in stepping outside the traditional and going my own way. Nice to "meet" you!

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 468
okieLinda wrote
on 7 May 2009 1:16 PM

Nices people I ever meet were in Holland, and the prettiest places too. Must be nice to look anywhere and see a beautiful scene to recreate into a quilt,

The whole country looked like a postcard, Welcome here and I hope you put pics in the gallery     Linda

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 895
Muppin wrote
on 7 May 2009 2:52 PM

Welcome inaklugt!  Enjoy the site!

Not Ranked
Posts 3
inaklugt wrote
on 7 May 2009 3:29 PM

Hi again,

Thank you for your friendly welcome words. I shall show some of my quilts at the Gallery but that will be not earlier than on Sunday or Monday because tomorrow and on Saturday I have to teach machinequilting in a town nearby.

It is so nice to read that you think we live in a postcard - we don't, sometimes the world here is as hard as it is all over the world. But, we live in a village in the east part of The Netherlands ans it most of the time is very quiet.

From today on I'll write my BLOG also in English. It is not daily that I write but it it is at least once a week. 

You can find my BLOG here: http://ina-quiltsandmore.blogspot.com   

Thank you and sleep well ( it is after twelve in the evening now I am writing this )

Ina.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS