Hi there!

This post has 5 Replies | 4 Followers
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 21
eileenkny wrote
on 12 May 2009 5:44 AM

My name's Eileen and I live in the Hudson Valley of NY. I've been a quilter for over 14 years. I've done mostly traditional quilts and I still love them. However, I feel like there's a spark inside that wants to work outside the box, so to speak.

I'm married to a wonderful man who's actually piecing his 2nd quilt-a Broken Star. He's nothing if not ambitious :) We have 2 grown children, a DIL and a brand new grandson. I run a longarm quilting business,  Designing Quilts, out of our home;  I've been in business for almost 9 years.

I'm here to learn and to participate.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 907
Muppin wrote
on 12 May 2009 8:17 AM

Welcome Eileen!  Enjoy the site!

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 350
on 12 May 2009 10:12 PM

Hola Eileen. Way cool that your dh is doing a quilt and shares your passion.  My dh is in the "I don't get it but I think it looks nice and I will support you because you love it" category.  I would love to see your quilts. Is your biz online? 

Belinda aka crazyartgirl

Blog:  http://alteredbelly.blogspot.com/

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 21
eileenkny wrote
on 13 May 2009 4:46 AM

Hi Belinda,

Yes, I'm online at www.designingquilts.com Stop by and have a look!

Eileen

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 468
okieLinda wrote
on 13 May 2009 7:38 AM

Hi Eileen glad your here , I went and looked at your gallery , nice looking quilts in it . Are they ones youve made or quilted for people?Looks to me youve already started on the road to outside the box some of the color choices show that , I love them so far and if you can push that even more Im sure you'll be making art quilts real soon . I do hand quilting and have done about 50 pieces so far and each seems to push the limits just a little more, Its scarey to put something differant out . people dont know what to say and sometimes want to see quilts that look like grandma made them only, but man when you connect with the public and they get it ,thats a cool feeling too . I think we should make quilts that make our hearts happy and let the public make what they will out of them   

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 21
eileenkny wrote
on 13 May 2009 9:01 AM

Hi Linda, I have both in my gallery. Most are customer quilts though. eileenkny

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS