How do you label it?

This post has 6 Replies | 4 Followers rated by 1 users
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 64
Cate Prato wrote
on 12 May 2009 6:44 PM

Hi everyone! I'm looking for fun ways to label things--boxes, jars, trays, and so on--in your studio. Do you print out sticky labels in a fun font? Use Scrabble tiles to spell out what's in a box? Handpaint the words? Draw a picture? Use a stamp? I'd like to feature pictures and brief descriptions of artful labels in an upcoming issue of Studios. So if you have any ideas, show and tell, please.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 275
Dale Kathryn wrote
on 13 May 2009 11:02 AM

My system seems to be using "invisible ink" - as in it doesn't matter what the labels say ... if there's room on the shelf, or in the tray, etc., something that's not on the label gets put there!

TADA / BC

"To create one's own world in any of the arts takes courage." - Georgia O'Keeffe

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 28
Karoda wrote
on 26 May 2009 2:53 PM

I use a label maker...simple an practical for me...I didn't want to get bogged into (and I could have easily) into having a "pretty" space...when I needed to focus on  function!

Dale's answer gave me a chuckle ;)

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 99
pandabolt wrote
on 5 Jun 2009 10:19 AM

Label??   You mean I should label things?  Hmmm.  I do have one storage box that has a mish mash of items in it; I have used various-colored labels and written on them.  Other clear plastic storage boxes also have those labels, but believe me there is nothing "artful" about any of them.  So now, the pressure is on to make my labels look more "artsy".    Thanks a bunch!! LOL  Sigh.

Peggy Holt

Missoula, Montana

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 64
Cate Prato wrote
on 5 Jun 2009 10:24 AM

LOL. I should have been more clear.

What creative ways do you use to label your jars, boxes, bins, etc.? I'm thinking handmade tags, paint, stitched labels, pictures...like that.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 10
kat41 wrote
on 9 Jun 2009 7:12 PM

I like to print my lables according to the category.  Pictures for the category, (Quilting items w/quilt blocks; herbal items w/herbs on the lable, sewing items on the lable for sewing supplies, etc.)

I think you get the picture.  I print different sizes of labels and different pictures so that when I need a lable its ready.

Kat

Not Ranked
Posts 1
SharonCloud wrote
on 18 Jul 2012 12:25 AM

I'm such a traditionalist. I run colored 3" x 5" index cards through my printer, with big letters so I can see them across the room. Of course, it helps that I have a HUGE box of index cards left over from taking a language course a few years ago. I bought far more cards than I ended up needing for the vocabulary.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS