Fiber Art Divas Show in Naperville IL - 5/23 -5/24/2009

This post has 4 Replies | 3 Followers
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 888
Muppin wrote
on 19 May 2009 8:02 AM

HI there-

A group I participate in in Naperville IL is having their Fiber Art Show this weekend at the Naperville Art League.  Quilts, Felted Art, Dolls and more will be exhibited, with some items for sale.

Details below, we'd love for you to stop by!

Naperville Art League

508 n. Center St

Naperville, IL 60563

Show hours:  Saturday 5/23  10 am to 4 pm

Sunday 5/24 12 pm to 4 pm

Thanks,

Cheryl / Muppin

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 156
Whidbey2 wrote
on 5 Jun 2009 6:10 PM

Hi Muppin,

Boy I wish that I lived close enough to visit your show.  I am interested in the fact that you have dolls at your show.  One of the guilds that I belong to outlawed dolls in the shows and even in the meeting building.  This happened before I joined so I was not sure how this happened.  I am a former SANTAMAKER and have always thought of ART DOLLS in the same skill set as quilts.   Just wondering if you have ever heard of such a discrimanation in other guilds? 

When a friend of mine told me that she couldn't bring her dolls in the building even to show me a friend I put my foot down and with a new president of our guilde we are correcting that one step at a time.   We are now going to have a whole meeting with a doll makers presentation. 

After all those same grandmothers who made quilts for comfort made dolls for comfort and play too.

have a wonderful show.  I will be thinking of it this weekend

Whidbey

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 888
Muppin wrote
on 5 Jun 2009 9:54 PM

Hi Whidbey

We're a progressive group!  We like all fiber art.  I think we started as an offshoot of members from a traditional guild, but I am not a founding member, so I can't be sure about that.  We do challenges on a regular basis, and one of our challenges was a doll challenge, so it was good to include them in our show.

Thanks!

Cheryl

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 20
AnLiNa wrote
on 6 Jun 2009 9:00 AM

If you like dolls, you might check out the Enchanted Doll Art Conference.  It's in Albuquerque, NM end of July.  There's a doll show there.  There are also lots of doll gatherings elsewhere and the Houston Quilt Show has a couple or three exhibits of doll.  There are some really fabulous doll artists out there.

I'd love to be able to see your show as well Muppin.

By the way - how does one go about getting tech support on this site?  I'm having a very weird issue where I'll be logged in a perusing, then when I got to navigate to another part of the site, I get a "you must be logged in" message and it will have lost my logon.

Thanks,

Amy in Austin

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 888
Muppin wrote
on 6 Jun 2009 7:18 PM

You can let me or Belinda know about your issue.  Be sure to let us know what browser you are using and if you have a PC or aMac.

Thanks,

Cheryl

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS