Video Prompt challenge 1

This post has 16 Replies | 9 Followers rated by 1 users
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 218
MellyT wrote
on 21 May 2009 5:52 AM

If you have questions about any aspect of the first Video Prompt Challenge, ask it here. Don't be afraid to ask questions, ask for critique, supply links, whatever you think is important.

Author: Inspired to Quilt
Melanie Testa<--my art
Go play in your studio!!!

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 350
on 21 May 2009 4:11 PM

Melly, I can't see the vid. Can you post a direct link to it - was it YouTube? I often cannot get the YouTube links.  Just got the book today. So loving it! 

Belinda

Belinda aka crazyartgirl

Blog:  http://alteredbelly.blogspot.com/

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 218
MellyT wrote
on 22 May 2009 2:57 AM

Try this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8JAXRz37DY

What operating system are you using? Do you know why you can't see them?

Melanie Testa<--my art

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 350
on 22 May 2009 7:09 AM

I will try that link when I get home from school. I am sure that will work.  I am at school and your embedded link won't work on my PC at school either.  I can't get Pokey's embedded links to work either. I wonder if it is an Apple to PC thing.  I don't have problems getting embedded YouTube links when they are on other people's blogs or YouTube vids in general. It wouldn't be a bad idea to just give the YouTube link when you do your challenges for people like me. Thanks.

Belinda

Belinda aka crazyartgirl

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 55
Jane LaFazio wrote
on 22 May 2009 8:49 AM

Hi Melly, I posted my 'Oaxaca Inspiration' (patterns to inspire my stamps for printing) on my profile, but there's no place for tags. I see I can also post it in the photo galleries, but where? Is there a specific one for Inspired to Quilt?

xo

jane

Jane LaFazio.com

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 27
SuzanneG@5 wrote
on 27 May 2009 8:05 PM

Hi Melinda,

I am participating in the Video Prompts and it's fun!  I don't have a blog or website so I post to your blog at QA, right?

I am doodling and flipping through my journals - will try the glue stamps tomorrow. 

Suzanne G in NC

SuzanneG in NC

suzanneginnc@gmail.com

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 892
Muppin wrote
on 27 May 2009 8:39 PM

Hi Melly!

I posted my doodles to the QA Photo Galleries int he tab above...  Now on to cutting sticky foam!

Cheryl / Muppin

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 218
MellyT wrote
on 28 May 2009 3:00 AM

Hi Suzanne!

Glad you are joining in on the fun. Yes! You can totally use the QA web site like a blog. Upload your photos to the Share you art Galleries, Comment here if you have questions for either me or the group or on my Author Blog just to tell me you are having fun! I mean to upload some fabrics made with stamps, but I have to finish an article today. So business is interfering with art over here! Soon though!

Melly (whose name is really Melanie, but who answers to MellyMells, Melly, Mells and even sometimes Melinda) :)

Melanie Testa<--my art

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 38
colorific wrote
on 28 May 2009 11:26 AM

I have posted my Challenge stamps on Flickr at

http://www.flickr.com/photos/70382929@N00/sets/72157618920110824/

I can't wait to see everyone elses.

Not Ranked
Posts 7
on 28 May 2009 6:34 PM

I got some sticky back foam yesterday and I am totally cutting and printing tomorrow. I don't have any plexi... other suggestions?

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 350
on 28 May 2009 8:09 PM

Hi Melly. I posted my fabric samples yesterday in the photo gallery using the inspired to quilt and video prompt challenge tags. It's under Share your quilt and fiber art section of the photo gallery.  I uploaded 8 samples.  I used a hot glue gun and did it on plexiglas.  I found that thicker globs or lines worked better here than thinner.  I had fabric paint handy plus I had a silver Lumiere moment - can you tell?  I used lots of silver Lumiere. Even though the patterns were simple, they came out great.  Lots of fun and easy clean-up.

Belinda aka crazyartgirl

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 218
MellyT wrote
on 29 May 2009 3:45 AM

Deborah! Hi!

I have used wood, have seen another person on this site (Colorific maybe?) use Balsa wood which is very light. I wonder what house hold recyclable items you might try? Meat packing trays? Look around and see what you can come up with. I have heard that you can sometimes get good scrap Plexi at the hardware store. They don't know what to do with the tiny pieces, the off cuts that other customers leave behind. Some of my friends have even gotten these for free.

Melanie Testa<--my art

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 218
MellyT wrote
on 29 May 2009 3:51 AM

Belinda Spiwak:

I posted my fabric samples yesterday in the photo gallery using the inspired to quilt and video prompt challenge tags. It's under Share your quilt and fiber art section of the photo gallery.  I uploaded 8 samples.  I used a hot glue gun and did it on plexiglas.  I found that thicker globs or lines worked better here than thinner.  I had fabric paint handy plus I had a silver Lumiere moment - can you tell?  I used lots of silver Lumiere. Even though the patterns were simple, they came out great. 

I did see and love them! I love your deviation and use of hot glue! I need to try that. The one thing I like about using cardboard with the thick elmers type glue is the organic shapes the glue creates when drying. But that isn't to say that you can't get organic shapes using other means. And who the heck doesn't like a hot glue gun?

I made comments on them directly, did you see them?

You wouldn't think it from my book, but I use paint on fabric too. I love the luminiere paints. They have great hand and color pigmentation.

Melanie Testa<--my art

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 218
MellyT wrote
on 29 May 2009 3:53 AM

colorific:

I have posted my Challenge stamps on Flickr at

http://www.flickr.com/photos/70382929@N00/sets/72157618920110824/

I can't wait to see everyone elses.

The internet is vast, I commented about your samples at the Flickr site but not here. I love your warm ups and samples and think others should click your link to check it out.

Melanie Testa<--my art

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 350
on 30 May 2009 11:15 AM

Melly, I did see your comments. Thanks so much. I wrote underneath the picts how I did them.  I never would have thought to do it though if not for your book. I love the look that I get from the stamps! It's great that I can use your book for inspiration, use what I have on-hand,  and turn it into my own thing!  It got my wheels turning. 

I have the perfect project for them. Now, if I just had the time. Now that school is almost over, I might get to them sooner than later. 

Belinda aka crazyartgirl

Page 1 of 2 (17 items) 1 2  Next > | RSS