Storing in plain sight

This post has 3 Replies | 2 Followers
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 99
pandabolt wrote
on 5 Jun 2009 10:41 AM

I don't know if this is the best place to post this, but since another thread has been talking about labeling/storage, I thought I would share how I keep my various pens, pencils, paint brushes stored.

I have a large collection of these glasses that belonged to my Greatj-grandmother, and Mother in Law.  I never use them for their intended purpose, so decided that if they were just going to catch dust in the cupboard, they might as well catch dust in my studio.

Each one holds a definite type of marking tool and other supplies---water color pencils, plain colored pencils, Pigma pens, jelly roll pens, paint brushes, Angelina film, etc.

The picture is rather dark, as it is quite bright outside, but I think you can get the general idea.

Peggy Holt

Missoula, Montana

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 20
AnLiNa wrote
on 5 Jun 2009 4:43 PM

Wow!  Love the storage.  I tried glasses in a wine rack turned so the bottles, if they were there, would be standing up.  Then I covered up the glasses with fabric and paper and can't see them anymore.  <grin>  I have a bunch of things that put stuff in, and on, and well, it takes an archeological dig to clean up in my studio.  If I had that much clear horizontal storage space (your window sill), I'd have it covered up in no time.

Amy in Austin

Not Ranked
Posts 6
becaboo wrote
on 9 Jun 2009 3:17 PM

What a great use for your sentimental items.  I collect vases and do the same thing with them.  One is for sissors, rotary cutters, etc.  It gives an elegant homey feeling to my space.  Otherwise, I am afraid I would have them tucked away (in space I cannot spare) and not ever see them.

Love your view!

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Norma Jean3 wrote
on 30 Jun 2009 5:10 PM

Your display looks lovely and is a good example of repurposing, but I was told that Pigma pens last longer if you lay them on their sides. I bought a box in Joanne's a while ago just for that purpose and I keep all my Pigmas and Sharpies there.  Not as pretty as yours, though.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS