you CPS-ers!

This post has 6 Replies | 6 Followers
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 218
MellyT wrote
on 18 Jun 2009 4:43 PM

I love CPS magazine. It seems the CPS readers are a really interactive, proactive group and I have to say, I for one am inpressed. I am a new reader, don't know why it took so long! I love CPS magazine.

Author: Inspired to Quilt
Melanie Testa<--my art
Go play in your studio!!!

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 78
on 18 Jun 2009 4:48 PM

Another convert...hooray! CPS really changed my life--isn't that something? I was afraid of art, but I wasn't afraid of cloth or paper or scissors. It makes art more accessible. I started reading Quilting Arts after reading CPS. We're like backwards Mel.

Art. Just Do It.

Blog: ephemeralalchemy.blogspot.com

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 469
on 18 Jun 2009 5:27 PM

Kelli Nina Perkins:

CPS really changed my life...

and:

Kelli Nina Perkins:
It makes art more accessible.

Truer words were never spoken.

And Pokey, if you're reading, your editorial made me laugh out loud- you described mine and my husband's traveling experiences exactly. We're incredibly fortunate in that we get to travel often, but even with frequency and practice, it never seems to get  anyeasier to "pack light". Each time we prepare for a trip, we look at each other with stern determination and say the words out loud, "We're going to pack light!"

Oh well. It's a noble goal, anyway.

- Judi

My Blog   My Art

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 350
on 18 Jun 2009 8:47 PM

I have been a CPS subscriber since it first came out. Someone in my Yahoo group told me about it.  I did not start reading Quilting Arts until I got interested in working with fabric a couple of years ago.  I never considered crossing over to the "other side" until not too long ago.  Never say never.

Belinda aka crazyartgirl

Blog:  http://alteredbelly.blogspot.com/

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 133
on 19 Jun 2009 12:52 AM

I'm a backwards person too... been reading CPS since the beginning, but only QA since the start of the year (except for the odd issue).

I don't make quilts or do any of what you'd recognise as quilting... but QA is more extensive than that, so as an embroiderer, it covers my textile interests, and it can be really hard these days to tell where the dividing lines are.  I love CPS - I've never seen the like of it in the UK, and even if a project doesn't appeal, there's usually an element which interests me, ie the combination of colours, or textures, or construction.  CPS and QA are the only magazines I take which have projects in them.  Occasionally I need a translation, but Googling helps with that.  I have to say that in general in the last few years, colours and photography in magazines has come a long way, its much more vibrant than it used to be.

Not Ranked
Posts 5
suepelletier wrote
on 26 Jun 2009 6:57 PM

i picked up CPS on issue 2 and literally almost fell off my chair...i was like.....OMG other people do what i love to do....i went to school at Pratt and have an MFA but always thought hmmmm...i don't really fit with this group....i finally saw that other artists got my vibe and what i wanted to say...i have been  thrilled to have had several pieces published in CPS ...and hope to in the future...xo sue pelletier

http://www.suepelletierlaughpaint.com/

Not Ranked
Posts 5
dstamper wrote
on 4 Jul 2009 8:01 PM

Just picked up my first print version of CPS last night, finished it today. My first thought was "Wow! I finally found the magazine in the grocery store," and then I read it. 

My interests are very similar to those of the artists in the magazine. I finished the magazine and felt inspired to go and start painting in watercolor on a small canvas I bought last summer.

Feels like I too have found a community with similar interests to mine, artists to inspire me as I continue from rubber stamping enthusiast to mixed media artist.

Especially when I discovered that there was a forum on the Quilting Arts website. Another of my favorite magazines, although I haven't done very much in the way of quilting.

Donna

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS