Peasant blouse as canvas.

This post has 2 Replies | 1 Follower
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 218
MellyT wrote
on 21 Jul 2009 2:21 PM

Anyone want to join me in (re)creating a peasant blouse out of a large button down shirt then dyeing and surface designing it? 

Check out this post

And my next Video Prompt challenge will be posted tomorrow...Soy WAX!!!!! Feel up to it?

Author: Inspired to Quilt
Melanie Testa<--my art
Go play in your studio!!!

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 38
mary j3 wrote
on 22 Jul 2009 4:20 PM

Yes, indeedy. Count me in - I have 3 1/2 weeks until school starts. I love to cut up shirts and "redo" them. Peasant style? hmm, will you show us how?  I just recieved a pkg of dyes from Dharma Trading, and a batch of silk scarves - so consider me 2 months behind in the learning to dye silk- following your short video. Looks doable for sure. So I am game to try wax and the shirt too. Sadly, can't do Long Beach, even though I live 1/2 state away. Just not good economic times. Maybe next year. Will look forward to pictures.(and more instruction)  Also curious how the soy wax comes out of the fabric. I've played with beeswax...but the fabric stayed stiff. 1 little quilt still waiting to finish- time for the machine.  mary j, Fresno, CA

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 218
MellyT wrote
on 22 Jul 2009 4:41 PM

off to long Beach, will respond more fully soon. There is a link to the Peasant Blouse tutorial in this post, check it out, please. MellyMells

Author: Inspired to Quilt
Melanie Testa<--my art
Go play in your studio!!!

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS