Hello! New member from Daytona Beach Florida

This post has 3 Replies | 4 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 3
clrfast wrote
on 22 Jul 2009 9:06 AM

Hi.  My name is Kim.  I am a fairly new quilter.  I have quilted in the past, but have just recently picked it back up.  I lost my job in February, and have decided to stay at home.  I would like to see if it is possible to make some kind of income with my quilting.  If anyone has experience with this or has any ideas, I'd love to hear them.

Take care,

Kim

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 350
on 24 Jul 2009 4:57 AM

Kim, Welcome. I am sorry to hear about your job. I hope that you find some new opportunities soon.  I am fairly new to quilting as well but know that there are a lot of organizations.  Maybe there is a guild or other organization local to you that can be a resource for you.

Belinda aka crazyartgirl

Blog:  http://alteredbelly.blogspot.com/

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 28
on 24 Jul 2009 2:40 PM

clrfast:
I would like to see if it is possible to make some kind of income with my quilting.

Kim, I've belonged to three different quilt guilds over the years and within each one there was always a call for quilters to quilt tops that others had sewn, inherited, or purchased.  Besides that, many guilds sponsor a show, either yearly or biannually, and there are often quilts or quilted items for sale.

Another resource is to stop in a local quilt shop and ask if you can leave a business card. 

Denise in Mendota, IL

My blog

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 139
reginabdunn wrote
on 6 Aug 2009 2:39 PM

Hi Kim,

I live in DeLand. I belong to an art group called ArtsEtc. Most of us are art quilters. We meet the 4th Saturday of each month. Emai me for details if you are interested. They helped me out a lot when I was a newbie.

spirit2sew@yahoo.com

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS