Saving an Offline Copy of Digital Mag

This post has 9 Replies | 5 Followers
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 133
on 26 Jul 2009 8:07 AM

I take QA as a Digital subscription, and Save a copy of it onto a Memory Stick, so that I can read it offline via laptop etc.    I'm now on my fifth magazine via this means, I would like someone to tell me what icons they see when they have a Saved copy.

The first two times, it worked really easily. and gave me an icon of am "f" in a circle.  The next two issues were not at all easy to Save, needed many attempts,now the icon is like a brown box with "air" marked on it.  I'm guessing this is cos its Adobe Air.  But it all works instantly and fine.

I've this week received the Aug/Sept issue and now trying to put that alongside the others on my Stick.  This time however it is not giving me a separate , as it were, magazine icon, instead its put everything inside of a Folder.  The magazine is in this Folder, but with a new logo,  a blue circular cloud bubble with "nxt" written on it.  I can click on it, and it works fine.  If however I move this item out of the Folder to be easily seen with the other issues, it won't open.  Put it back in the Folder and it works.   As I have Adobe Air installed, and previous issues work, I'm puzzled.

I don't know if something is wrong and I shouldn't be seeing 3 different logo types?  I can send someone a screen shot, if that helps?

TIA

Not Ranked
Posts 2
Elizabeth12 wrote
on 26 Jul 2009 2:10 PM

Hi TIA

I am having exactly the same problems!!  I am so relieved that you could describe the problem so well, and will be interested in the

results.  I did send an email to QuiltingArts, but they just said that I should be able to download a copy as usual.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 350
on 26 Jul 2009 2:18 PM

HI. I do not get digital issues, so I cannot help with this issue. I will let Tech know that this is a continuing issue. The only thing I can think of is that it is an issue with Adobe. Even though it is Adobe Air, it may not be compatible backwards with the other issues. I do not know if that is true or not.  Otherwise, are both your Adobe readers the latest ones? 

Belinda aka crazyartgirl

Blog:  http://alteredbelly.blogspot.com/

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 60
on 28 Jul 2009 12:45 PM

Hi TIA,

I am sorry that you are having difficulty with your digital subscription - no worries!  If you contact lmcdonald@nxtbookmedia.com , Lisa will be able to help you with this issue.  She is a wizard at finding solutions if an customer is having difficulty. :)

If you have a question about a lost password or any other non-technical question,  please contact our customer service for digital subscriptions - quiltingarts@pcspublink.com.

I am sure that this will be corrected quickly and easily for you!

Enjoy your day!

Sally

Sally Murray
Interweave - Quilt/Paper Group
Sudbury Office Manager

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 133
on 29 Jul 2009 11:00 AM

Thank you Sally for the email address - I've sent my query along with some screen shots, so hopefully it might help... just knowing whether what you're seeing is "normal' helps!!!

Not Ranked
Posts 4
MichelleJ10 wrote
on 19 Aug 2009 8:05 AM

I'm thinking of getting a Kindle - does anyone know if the digital versions of QA and CPS can be loaded onto this?

TIA,

Michelle

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 350
on 21 Aug 2009 7:59 AM

I am not sure of this. I have a reader on my iPhone. It would be great if I could do that on my iPhone. I will contact Customer Service and ask them. I am not sure if something like that can be done at this time.

Belinda

Belinda aka crazyartgirl

Blog:  http://alteredbelly.blogspot.com/

Not Ranked
Posts 4
MichelleJ10 wrote
on 21 Aug 2009 8:06 AM

Great, will be waiting for more info!  Thanks.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 133
on 21 Aug 2009 8:35 AM

Sally Murray:
I am sorry that you are having difficulty with your digital subscription - no worries!  If you contact lmcdonald@nxtbookmedia.com , Lisa will be able to help you with this issue

I did send an email with my query and screen shots, but have heard nothing since, not even an acknowledgement.  Not pressing or nagging over it, just if its not arrived, it can't be explored...

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 60
on 24 Aug 2009 8:23 AM

TIA,

Let me find out what happened.  If you could email me your email address (& screen shots if you still have them).  I will see that you are contacted by our Development team.

Thanks,

Sally Murray

smurray@interweave.com

Sally Murray
Interweave - Quilt/Paper Group
Sudbury Office Manager

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS