newbee

This post has 2 Replies | 3 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 5
jude3944 wrote
on 15 Aug 2009 4:03 PM

Hi I just joined QA because I just found you by surfing,,, I;m a retired person who is also a wife ,Mom and Grandma, soon to be great GG. 2 GGD due this fall one in Oct one in Nov so I'm out looking at what's on the web. I love finding new and inspiring blogs and boy did I hit the Jackpot here!!! WOW!!! Everyone is so inspiring!!! I've always wanted to try fabric dyeing now painting..  Thanks for sharing all your work here.. Now where to start...  Jude in So CA

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 54
Linnet wrote
on 16 Aug 2009 8:36 PM

Hi Jude, I have been sewing, quilting, and oil painting since eight years old, but when I first saw art quilting and all the things you can do with textiles, I really found inspiration, too.  I have asked alot of questions on this site and always get an answer and help.  Also, I buy the Quilting Arts magazine and Cloth, Paper, Scissors magazine.  There are always detailed projects to do and lots of inspiration.  I also like that they have ads that can find you just about anything you need.  Where to start?  Maybe find an anrticle in one of these magazines, or something off this site, and oh, the wonderful books there are now for art quilting, fabric painting and such.  I am getting ready to try the silk painting in the latest issue of Quilting Arts, waiting for the silk, I am very rural and have to order things online, no fabric or quilt shops around here.  Give it a try, and ask these artists questions on this forum, you will be happy at how much help they are.  Welcome.  Linnet.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 907
Muppin wrote
on 17 Aug 2009 6:19 AM

Welcome Jude!  So glad to have you with us! If you need anything, let us know.

Cheryl / Muppin 

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS