No Longer Just Lurking in Ontario

This post has 6 Replies | 3 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 3
on 29 Aug 2009 11:59 AM

Hello Every one,

My name is Sara and I have been a long time subscriber and short time lurker on this site.

I am looking forward to making some new friends and gaining and sharing inspiration!

Sara

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 275
Dale Kathryn wrote
on 30 Aug 2009 9:21 AM

Hi Sara - Are you in Ontario, Canada? I am on Vancouver Island, BC.

I have been a member here for a while, but I have been spending most of my summer outdoors working in the garden, rather than playing with thread and fibres! I keep hoping for rain (which is VERY strange for a west-coaster!) so I can get back into my artsy-quilty things. I had hoped to spend a few days outdoors making fabric paper, but have managed to find time to spend only one at that project!

Nice to 'meet' you.

Dale

TADA / BC

"To create one's own world in any of the arts takes courage." - Georgia O'Keeffe

Not Ranked
Posts 6
CarroleB wrote
on 7 Sep 2009 9:10 AM

Hi Dale, and Sara too,

I am also a newbie to blogging, and QA. I just noticed your posting regarding the paper fabric. I tried my hand at a piece, inspired by the June July article of Jill Kennedy. I enjoyed it, but I didn't like the shiny finish. Any suggestions?

Carrole Blakeman, Hockley Valley, Ontario

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 86
riverart wrote
on 8 Sep 2009 5:29 AM

You can have our rain, looks like we will be stuck with it all week, Yuck!

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 86
riverart wrote
on 8 Sep 2009 5:30 AM

Welcome Sara, it's a fun and inspiring site.

Not Ranked
Posts 3
on 11 Sep 2009 8:17 AM

Hy Everyone,

Thanks for the warm welcomes, I love the site and am excited to try some of the challenges... wish I could have jumped in on the quiltie shape, I have so many ideas fluttering around in my head!

I haven't tried the cracked paper quilting yet so I can't speak to the shiny finish, but if it were me, I would be tempted to use organza or tulle as an invisible but muting overlay or even try a wash of diluted acrylic...

Sara

Not Ranked
Posts 6
CarroleB wrote
on 13 Sep 2009 7:18 AM

Thanks for the input Sara. I thought about an overlay, but the design is already muted, part of the delight of this process. I thought about trying an acrylic finish also, so I'll let you know. What kind of pieces are you working on?

Carrole

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS