ethically ethnic cuffs

This post has 5 Replies | 2 Followers
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 227
caren12 wrote
on 10 Sep 2009 2:46 PM

I loved the cuffs in this months magazine!  But of course I didn't have anything remotely ethnic.  I made them anyway.  I dug into my crazy quilt stash and used green taffeta instead of silk.  In step 4 after the fabrics were layered I put a piece of black tulle overit and then did some decrartive stiching and added more fabric and trim.  I love it!!  Especially the velvet on the back.  I still have to download ( or is it upload?) a picture!!

Caren

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 32
on 14 Sep 2009 1:30 PM

Hi Caren, glad you enjoyed the cuff article and found a way to adapt it to the materials in your stash.  I find I can't stop making them at the moment.  I love to sought out and mix materials with different texture and have great fun with choosing colours!  Hope you decide to upload a photo, so I can download it! Jill :)

Jill Amanda Kennedy

www.craftsontheweb.co.uk 

jill@craftsontheweb.co.uk

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 227
caren12 wrote
on 3 Nov 2009 12:10 PM

I finally have the pictures for the cuffs.  It only took 3 months!!!  Here they are.

The one in the middle is mine.  The 2 smaller ones are my little girls.  Chloe is now 7 and Zora is 5 1/2.  They love their cuffs!  Of COurse they had to be pink!

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 87
arlijohn wrote
on 3 Nov 2009 12:28 PM

Really cute.

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 44
anastasia7 wrote
on 14 Nov 2009 12:37 AM

These are terrific. I know when I saw the images in the magazine I went nuts. They are so wimple yet beautiful. And as we see with yours they will be very unique and we can do whatever we want. I have been hunting for holiday gift ideas that are fast and simple. I think this will definitely be on my "do" list.

What fun to have girls you can make special gifts like these for. I am sure they will be heirlooms.

It was really fun to see your pictures. I am glad you were able to upload them. Some time I will upload some of my art. I think I am going to send in some of my dolls but in the mean time I need to get some wall hangings and pillow covers done.

May the Force os Creativity be with you! (smile)

Anastasia

Live Large and Love Your Life!

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 44
anastasia7 wrote
on 14 Nov 2009 12:38 AM

These are terrific. I know when I saw the images in the magazine I went nuts. They are so wimple yet beautiful. And as we see with yours they will be very unique and we can do whatever we want. I have been hunting for holiday gift ideas that are fast and simple. I think this will definitely be on my "do" list.

What fun to have girls you can make special gifts like these for. I am sure they will be heirlooms.

It was really fun to see your pictures. I am glad you were able to upload them. Some time I will upload some of my art. I think I am going to send in some of my dolls but in the mean time I need to get some wall hangings and pillow covers done.

May the Force of Creativity be with you! (smile)

Anastasia

Live Large and Love Your Life!

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS