Crazy Quilt Bra's

This post has 10 Replies | 3 Followers rated by 2 users
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 10
kat41 wrote
on 28 Sep 2009 11:17 PM

Stopping by to say Hello,

This list looks not only quiet but deserted.

I wanted to share with you the new 2010 Art Bra Calendar.  One way to support *** Cancer.

you can view it at www.artbra.org.

Kat

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 54
Caribquilter wrote
on 11 Nov 2009 6:16 PM

Hi Kat,

thank you so much for posting that art bra calendar, it is absolutely wonderful, what creativity, beautiful pieces.  It is truly inspirational to see what people are capable of realizing.

If that is crazy quilting, I'm all for it, just love it. I'm a beginner at quilting art myself but I love to embellish my pieces. I'd love to see some of your art if that's ok with you?

Take care, Caribquilter.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 87
arlijohn wrote
on 12 Nov 2009 8:54 AM

Some really great pieces. thank you for bringing to my attention. Crazy quilting has really evolved since I did any.

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 54
Caribquilter wrote
on 12 Nov 2009 9:30 AM

Yes, weren't those pieces simply wonderful? Visiting the site definitely made my day yesterday and I feel this is a trend I'd like to grow to in the course of my learnings, it is a stunning work of art, all of them.

Caribquilter.

Not Ranked
Posts 7
on 8 Dec 2009 11:19 PM

I loved the Art Bra Calendars so much I bought 11 of them to give to all my sisters (5), daughter (1), daughter-in-laws (2), and special friends. I hope some day to try to make one of these bras. They look really fun. However, I really don't know where to get started. Is there instructions so place?

Thanks, Jo Ellen a.k.a Topstitch

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 10
kat41 wrote
on 12 Dec 2009 1:53 PM

Cafribquilter,

I have responded twice to your comment and both times the response has disappeared on me.  So I am going to say I agree with you on the calendar and congrats on being a beginner, keep going and  don't give up.

will try again to respond

kat

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 10
kat41 wrote
on 12 Dec 2009 1:54 PM

Arlijohnl,

I also agree on what wonderful pieces they were.  And yes you are quite correct, crazy quilting has certainly evolved!

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 10
kat41 wrote
on 12 Dec 2009 2:03 PM

Jo Ellen,

You sound like someone else I know.  The calendars certainly did make good gifts.

We should all try to make one.  I should make one for my office.  My job is a Cancer Registrar, I register cancer data on many, many *** cancer patients per month.  Very appropriate for my office.

I think getting started would be easy.  Decide what your theme on your bra will be, Rough draft out your design on paper, select colors, fabrics, trims, exciting pieces to attach and just start.  Well, at least that is what I am doing.  I am going to select a colored bra that matches my color combinations and just start embellishing. 

I thought it would be cool to embellish the bra with hanging beads and long layers of chiffon or some type of flowing fabric that could be used for belly-dancing.  The long layers not too long, just to brush the top of the skirt not to take away from the belt or the skirt.

So many ideas, and not so much time to try them out.

Blessings

Kat

www.azdesertstar.wordpress.com  (my blog)

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 54
Caribquilter wrote
on 14 Dec 2009 7:05 AM

Hi Kat,

thanks for your reply, just got it in. No way I'm giving up, there is no reason to when one finds passion. I'd like to add you as a friend, what do you say?

All the best, have a good holiday season, Myriam

Not Ranked
Posts 7
on 16 Dec 2009 10:18 PM

Kat wrote: You sound like someone else I know.

I hope that is a good thing.

We meet so many people in our lives -- who knows I maybe that someone else.

Jo Ellen

Not Ranked
Posts 7
on 16 Dec 2009 10:23 PM

How do I post a picture next to my replies? I just joined this forum.

Jo Ellen

Please disregard this question. I finally figured out to do.

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS