IQA Quilt Scene Magazine

This post has 8 Replies | 3 Followers rated by 2 users
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 350
on 27 Oct 2009 4:00 AM

I have my hot little hands on a copy.  I did a review on my blog. 

http://alteredbelly.blogspot.com/2009/10/quilt-festival-quilt-scene.html

It is a fantastic magazine. If you have not gotten your copy, you really need to go and get a copy. I am not saying that just because I have an article in there.  I looked at my local bookstore and it is not there yet. It is is available here: 

http://shop.quiltingdaily.com/Quilting/Magazines/International-Quilt-Fest-Quilt-Scene.html

BTW, if anyone has it, look on the back cover for me and tell me how to make the fabric balls.  They don't look like they are in strips. I have fabric balls on the brain.  I already have the styrofoam balls all ready to go!!!

There's also some great bonuses to the magazine:  http://quiltingdaily.com/media/g/quiltscene/default.aspx 

Pssst!  Don't pay any attn to the stars by my download.  I deserve more stars than that! 8-D

If you have not had the opportunity to get to an International Quilt Festival, I hope that you will get to be able to get one soon. They are fantastic!  I have been able to go to the one in Chicago for the past 3 years.  As I said in my blog, you do not have to be a traditional quilter to enjoy yourself there. I do mostly art quilting and mixed media art and I have a blast every year that I go. I do end up with tired feet though.  There is so much to see and do.  Vendors offer so much more than fabric and fat quarters for quilters.  If you are in the market for a new machine, this is the place to go for a good deal.  Quilt Scene magazine has many more tips on going to Quilt Fest. 

Off for my coffee, Have an artful day.

Belinda aka crazyartgirl

Blog:  http://alteredbelly.blogspot.com/

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 156
Whidbey2 wrote
on 27 Oct 2009 8:38 PM

I have a copy, It came in the mail today.  YEA!!!!!

The balls on the back look like they are just fabric wrapped around a Styrofoam ball  perhaps they are tucked in on the underside.  You can see the ease folds on the sides of the balls.  Kind of like a stuffed yoyo. 

I love this magazine.  It makes me want to be there when the doors open next year.  The photos of the winning quilts are wonderful.  The patterns are a bit simple when you compare them to the wonderful winning quilts but it is still an amazing magazine.  The articles are great.

I love the download about free motion quilting too.

Happy creativity

whidbey

ps ok I screwed up the stars again.  I will learn someday not to hit the first star first.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 13
dipart57 wrote
on 28 Oct 2009 1:56 AM

Can't wait  to get my copy in the mail, but it's a bit slow to my part of the world (New Zealand) even though I ordered it through quilting arts store a couple of weeks ago. Oh well anticipation is good right?

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 895
Muppin wrote
on 28 Oct 2009 9:39 AM

OMG, I got my copy last night from Barnes & Noble (Belinda- the one on 127th and 59 has it).

It's WONDERFUL.  I don't get to Houston, but like Belinda, I attend the one in Chicago every year.  

I love the projects in this one. Pokey and crew really outdid themselves this time!  I also have to say that I love the ideas about the totebags.  I get one every year with my registration, and I suffer from tote bag overload!  What a great idea to turn them into something else.

The history of the show, the articles by attendees, it's a great magazine. 

Cheryl / Muppin

Not Ranked
Posts 3
LRM wrote
on 13 Nov 2009 3:02 PM

I just picked up my copy yesterday.  I have never been to a quilt festival, so this was my first peek!  I loved seeing the winning quilts.  Haven't read the rest of it yet.

LRM

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 24
Lorraine62 wrote
on 16 Jan 2010 5:27 PM

where do they sell this mag in the UK..I have checked The cotton patch, crafty notions but they dont have it.

.I did a search for it too on google uk  but some of the sites are a bit dodgy when you click on them wanting to put security stuff on your computer!!

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 133
on 17 Jan 2010 3:46 AM

Lorraine - I'd advise you to get it straight from the US - it is often cheaper than way in any case.

Lots of UK online shops sell the various magazines, but only get in a limited number, and once they're gone that's it, they don't order in more,  and this one has been out a little while now.  Its also new, so shops are likely to buy in smaller numbers to test the response.  Some only order in enough for pre-orders too, so you need to be aware of what's coming and get in quick!  and look around, not just quilting shops sell, places like Rainbow Silks, or Art Van Go you could try too.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 321
on 18 Jan 2010 7:04 AM

I'm glad you're all enjoying your copies of Quilt Scene! I have to admit--I didn't even make it to Festival this year, but I enjoyed every second of putting this magazine together. Part of our goal was enabling people to share in the experience and community of IQA even if they weren't able to attend this event, and I'm so glad it worked!

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 350
on 23 Jan 2010 6:38 AM

I will be at the one in Chicago in April. I hope to see some of you there.

Belinda aka crazyartgirl

Blog:  http://alteredbelly.blogspot.com/

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS