zentangling

This post has 3 Replies | 3 Followers
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 28
sha1non wrote
on 30 Oct 2009 12:25 PM

So the last week has been miserable--the flu.  Sniffling, coughing feeling sorry for myself.  Well, then my lastest issue of cloth, paper, scissors arrived.  Flipped through it.  Not really concentrating well and then there it was.  Doodling transformed.  Something I've done for years without respecting it and sometimes inappropriately.  Well, this I could do sitting in my easy chair with my kleenex,  cough medicine and in between quick naps. It made me laugh. relax and feel that creative spot through the haze. 

Art is good medicine! 

many thanks,  Sha1non

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 888
Muppin wrote
on 2 Nov 2009 7:25 AM

I know what you mean!  I did this all through high school and college without knowing it had an "official" name.  There's websites dedicated to Zentangling.  Pretty neat.

Cheryl / Muppin

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 350
on 4 Nov 2009 9:32 AM

I have the flu myself. It is awful. I have done zentangling. It is a lot of fun. My students really enjoy it.

Belinda aka crazyartgirl

Blog:  http://alteredbelly.blogspot.com/

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 24
Lorraine62 wrote
on 14 Jan 2010 12:06 PM

sorry you are not feeling too good. I find it funny  that doodling is given such a sci fi name...its good fun though.  Its like the other week when I was just messing round with paints with the kids and after I added a bit of doodling and a couple of scribbled words it looked really arty!!! and it was real good fun too

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS