zippers for the small purses

This post has 16 Replies | 5 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 8
eickgirl wrote
on 3 Nov 2009 10:04 AM

Hi!  I'm new here.  Was at Quilt Fest in Houston last month and was asking Pokey where I could get the cute little zippers from the small purse project that was featured in a previous issue.   She mentioned coming here to ask a Melanie?  about where I can get those zippers.

Do you need more info?

dianna eickhorn

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,413
Pokey wrote
on 3 Nov 2009 2:24 PM

Here you go!

http://www.zipperstop.com/id22.htm

Pokey Bolton

Founder of Quilting Arts Magazine

TV Host, Quilting Arts on PBS

Not Ranked
Posts 8
eickgirl wrote
on 3 Nov 2009 8:01 PM

Thank you!  I've ordered a zipper!

Can't wait to make that cool little purse!

I'll have to post it when I get it made.  It's going to be so cute.  I've been planning this little purse ever since I saw the magazine issue with the pattern in it.  But, have been trying to find the precious zippers and, couldn't find them anywhere.

Oh, this is going to be so much fun!!!

Would love to see others little purses they've made.

There's got to be lots of these little purses around here somewhere.

Thanks again Pokey!  So glad you came to Quilt Festival!  Absolutely love your magazine!  Always beautiful and inspiring!

Not Ranked
Posts 8
eickgirl wrote
on 12 Nov 2009 11:10 AM

Working on my little purse!  Need Help!

Can't decide if #5 in the instructions means the seam allowance I'm about to sew or the zipper seam allowance I've already sewn.

Not Ranked
Posts 8
eickgirl wrote
on 12 Nov 2009 11:27 AM

I got it!  I got!  Trim behind the zipper tape!

Not Ranked
Posts 8
eickgirl wrote
on 12 Nov 2009 1:18 PM

Voila!  Cute little purse!

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,413
Pokey wrote
on 12 Nov 2009 2:16 PM

You did a fabulous job! How pretty! Now go show it off by taking it out on the town!

Pokey Bolton

Founder of Quilting Arts Magazine

TV Host, Quilting Arts on PBS

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 123
Quilnan wrote
on 12 Nov 2009 5:48 PM

Very pretty... nice work!

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 890
Muppin wrote
on 16 Nov 2009 4:24 PM

It's beautiful!  And I finally saw one of those zippers in person and they are so pretty!  They even make long ones for garments.

Great job on the purse!

Cheryl / Muppin

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 321
on 17 Nov 2009 9:11 AM

Zipper insertion is tough--I'm impressed! The purse is lovely!

Not Ranked
Posts 8
eickgirl wrote
on 17 Nov 2009 9:21 AM

Hi everybody!  Pippa, I was just logging on too!  I'm not done with the zipper...lol!  I haven't tacked it down yet.  I just wanted to see if it was going to look okay before I did.  But, it looks like it's going to be fine, so, I'm going to tack it down today.

And, I'm going to post another pic of my inspiration!  I have a messenger bag I made last year.  An Amy Butler pattern.  The little purse goes with my bag. 

Thanks everybody for your comments.  Hope to see your purses too!  And, what inspired yours!  I love this stuff!

Dianna

Not Ranked
Posts 8
eickgirl wrote
on 17 Nov 2009 9:48 AM

The fabric is a Laurel Burch line of Mermaids that was released just before she passed away!  I love Mermaids and, so, I am very sad that she left this world, but, so happy that the Mermaid fabric means that much more to me.  So, I guess, in a way, I made these to honor her incredible talent!

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 54
Caribquilter wrote
on 17 Nov 2009 10:53 AM

Waow, this is soooo beautiful, a pleasure to the eyes, it must have been quite a job.

Not Ranked
Posts 7
DebbieL@36 wrote
on 19 Nov 2009 11:25 AM

I would love to know the dimensions of the fabric.  Is it just me, but I have a hard time with increasing a pattern by, say 117%.   Is there an easy way to this?  Thanks!

Not Ranked
Posts 1
on 20 Nov 2009 3:28 PM

I just take the pattern to a copy machine and have it increased to 117% larger than the original.  Then I cut out my pattern.

Page 1 of 2 (17 items) 1 2  Next > | RSS