Need help to upload new avatar and pics of my pieces

This post has 6 Replies | 2 Followers
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 54
Caribquilter wrote
on 12 Nov 2009 10:16 AM

Hi,

I've been a member for a few days only and since the beginning I've been unable to load pics of my pieces, the system keeps giving me an error saying it has reported it to whomever in cyberspace. Also, today I wanted to change avatar and I got again the same error.

To recap: not only is my island not on your list of countries (unable to order stuff and mags) but the system  won't allow me to publish my pics: how's that for a start?

Could anyone help me out and let me know what I should do in this case? (I did manage to upload my 1st avatar and that's when the system decided that was enough). The problem with the island is being looked into.

Thank you, Caribquilter

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 900
Muppin wrote
on 12 Nov 2009 12:01 PM

Hi caribquilter-

We need to know exaclty what the error message says in order to best help you.  Also, we'd need to know what kind of browser you use to view the web and what version number it is.

Thanks,

Cheryl / Muppin

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 54
Caribquilter wrote
on 12 Nov 2009 1:10 PM

Hi Mupping, this is what the site says. It went well the very 1st time loading up my initial avatar. But this is what I got as soon as I wanted to upload my pics too. As to the browser, I'm less familiar with those things: I use Windows XP, Windows Live and navigate with Internet Explorer, does that help?

Sorry, there was a problem with your last request!

Either the site is offline or an unhandled error occurred. We apologize and have logged the error. Please try your request again or if you know who your site administrator is let them know too.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 900
Muppin wrote
on 12 Nov 2009 1:50 PM

Caribquilter-

Have you made sure your image is not too big?  Here is the thread link to more information about size requirements.  Please make sure the picture is the right size and try again and let me know.

Thanks,

Cheryl / Muppin

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 54
Caribquilter wrote
on 12 Nov 2009 3:30 PM

Ok Muppin, here is the info on my pics: avatar and quilting art pics taken by same camera, dimensions are 3456 x 2592, pixels unknown

avatar is 3.38MB and quilting art pics are 4.24MB. Does that help? Reading the link, I think I'm way below the 64K or am I wrong? I'd have to look at the camera for the pixels but really this is a simple "normal" digital camera, the pixels I know are reasonable to give good pics but not top of the range.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 900
Muppin wrote
on 12 Nov 2009 3:50 PM

Unfortunately, caribquilter, your pictures are way too big.  64K is a small picture size, because the Quilting Arts servers are not meant to store such large images.  This is why you cannot upload the pictures.  You will need to find a picture editor piece of software to reduce the size of the pictures to be under 64k.

There are 1000 K (kilobytes) in a MB (Megabyte).  Your 3.38 MB picture is 3380 K.  It needs to be under 64 K.

Hope this helps.

Cheryl / Muppin

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 54
Caribquilter wrote
on 13 Nov 2009 6:41 AM

Thanks Muppin for this handy piece of tech info. But then how did my avatar pic (3.38MB) got through? Anyway very handy to know, but then 64K is very litte space, isn't it?

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS