Just discovered freestyle machine embroidery

This post has 5 Replies | 4 Followers
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 24
Lorraine62 wrote
on 5 Dec 2009 4:21 PM

Just want to thank you for your ebook on 67 machine stitching tips and the 5 small quilting projects e book..I made these today with the instructions. 

I had a go at last with freestyle with the feed dogs down.  Its addictive..I just sewed random circular patterns over layers of burnt chiffon, organza etc and these are the finished results..lovely textured book covers (for more info etc http://loveofcollage.blogspot.com)

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 905
Muppin wrote
on 7 Dec 2009 6:59 AM

They look great!  Fantastic!

Cheryl / Muppin

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 87
arlijohn wrote
on 7 Dec 2009 1:21 PM

Free motion embroidey is addictive and fun! I use it on most of my quilts because it is my favorite form of embellishment. Carol Chinn of Interweave Press has a good book about it that you can order here. I am now embroidering my quilt "Autumn's Glory Days"  and it makes the quilt come alive for me. You can do so many things, whatever your mind can think up. Glad you found a new method and I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 49
Rinachiyya wrote
on 8 Dec 2009 8:21 AM

Well done I love it. You must be so happy

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 49
Rinachiyya wrote
on 8 Dec 2009 8:25 AM

Gorgeous Loraine

I hope I can learn it also.

I can do sofar only very simple things and am not very good at it yet.

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 24
Lorraine62 wrote
on 8 Dec 2009 9:24 AM

thanks for the encouraging comments..I also had a go at freestyle on some felted backgrounds and turned them into brooches with added beads..did I say I was addicted..ha ha.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS