Skill level needed for workshops

This post has 3 Replies | 4 Followers
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 16
mtnjohn wrote
on 20 Dec 2009 11:45 AM

I have purchased several workshops (on DVD).  They are all well done.  I find, however, that there are references made which or actions taken which I fail to comprehend.  I believe this because my art background consists of finger-painting in grade school (in ancient times).  It would be helpful to have a rating system to let a person (like me) know what type of preliminary knowledge was required in order to understand the workshop material.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 228
ckquilter wrote
on 21 Dec 2009 5:30 AM

dear mtnjohn

you should not hesitate to try a video because you think you might not have the background to understand some of the material presented.

i applaud your willingness to try new things. with a forum like this available for learning - if you don't understand something mentioned or prsented in the video, find a friend and ask quetions, or just post you questions in the forum. you will probably receive plenty of info and make some new friends in the process as well. remember, even the most experienced person out there, was not experienced at some point as well!         ckquilter

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 902
Muppin wrote
on 21 Dec 2009 10:43 AM

HI Mtnjohn,

Also, please feel free to post a question here under the forums and we can try to help you out too.  And many of the DVD presenters are members here who may chime in and help you out.

Cheryl / Muppin

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 350
on 28 Dec 2009 3:34 PM

I do agree that if you don't know what a supply list item is or understand a step, that someone from the forum will probably know and would be glad to help you.  I am sure that other people might have the same question. At the same time, you might want to click the customer service button and supply them with that input.

You could also contact the artist who is teaching on that DVD and ask any questions you may have.  It is very possible that artist is part of this forum.  A lot of times, the contact information is supplied for that artist somewhere in the DVD or on the jacket.

Belinda aka crazyartgirl

Blog:  http://alteredbelly.blogspot.com/

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS